Spurs (H) Post Match Thread

That non penalty decision is a classic example where the VAR official should have advised the ref to go and review it on a monitor once there is a break in play (or the attack is over) - he's not over ruling him and leaving it with the on field official but saying - it’s not a clear and obvious error but you need to take a look. It wouldn’t surprise me if this becomes a 'learning point' and they tweak the process - that way we can get shafted by it in the future

How was that not a clear and obvious error? As far as I know you can’t grapple someone to the ground by their neck. There will be no adjustments to these ‘learning points’ as it is working as intended.

On a seperate note I moved into the east stand for this season and could not believe the amount of tourists there, especially at the front. Completely different from not even a few years ago

Think we should enjoy our incredible performance in the first 60 minutes. We made Spurs look like a pub team struggling to get out of their half and conceding chances every 3 minutes. The fans of other top teams are envious of the class of this team, of the type of football we play. Football is not only about winning, it's also about beauty and joy and there isn't any other team on the planet now that produces so many moments of wonder. Get behind the team, we'll fight till the end.

A bent card player doesn't cheat in every round. Too obvious - you get caught. Pick your moments. Why fix a game we won 5-0 so we only win 3-0?

at 2-0 they could of been right back in the game as edersons double save proved, 3-0 after var game over

In my opinion, that was the best performance we did under Pep. It was worth every mile driven from and back to London to see how we played yesterday. I've never seen that kind of the whole team high-pitch defending that limited Spurs possession in their own third of the pitch. Even Atletico Madrid from a few years ago didn't manage doing it for all 90 minutes. And we did yesterday. Ruined only by some catastrophic profligacy and cavalier VAR/refeering.

So var decisions have effected both our games so far this season, quite simply that is not a coincidence . If Salah or Lingard had scored that goal yesterday it would not have been disallowed I know it and you all know it as well , if the Rodri penalty claim had been Salah or Mane it would have been given without a shadow of a doubt. A team playing our type of football would be applauded and admired in any other league in the world, but here in the UK it's looked upon as dishonest and somehow wrong. There is something totally corrupt in our league and for the sake of the game it needs to be exposed and soon, but I fear that the corruption is too established.

at 2-0 they could of been right back in the game as edersons double save proved, 3-0 after var game over
You're forgetting they did try to stop it becoming 3-0. Actually they didn't try, they succeeded until it became obvious there was no point and that further cheating would have raised suspicions.

That's why they let the 2nd VAR incident pass. Sterling was arguably more offside for that than for the first one, but they didn't dare cheat again or it would have been too obvious.

Have you never noticed how bent refs try to appear neutral by awarding some useless foul - to appear to even things up - after some blatantly dodgy decision?

Honestly mate I am convinced our sport is corrupt from top to bottom. From the top of FIFA to the grass roots. Where there's money to be made, crooks will find a way, and there's so much money in football, it would honestly be pretty amazing if it was not bent.

Yet again Spurs provide to be our nemesis, I knew they'd grab a couple of goals, even more so when I saw that Stones wasn't playing. I'm afraid that Otamendi isn't the answer anymore, shouldn't be in the starting eleven but our failure to sign a Kompany replacement has led to this problem.
Oh well on to the Vitality stadium where it's Bournemouth and the Var team v Manchester City, can't wait.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.