VAR impact and consequence log - game 27

this is in danger of turning into a VAR debate thread, we have one of those already, can we keep this for its intended purpose please

Indeed, although I'm struggling to keep a straight face at the thought of it going into credit :)

I'm aware, but as brexit, we were sold VAR on one set of principles, with the reality being different, so I'm sticking to the principle we were sold

Again, marginal decision so principle is should not be affected by VAR. It wasn't flagged offside (and I'm aware of the keep the flag down instruction, but this has been largely ignored in both games this season) and therefore counts
So are you including it or not?

Thought it might be useful to keep these together under one thread, as it appears VAR may have a significant impact this season

running total 2 points down

Manchester City v

WHU (A) - Sterling goal ruled out for marginal offside - result 5-0 win - no consequence

Spurs (H) - Jesus goal ruled out for slightest touch on Laporte arm, Laporte arm being tugged at the time
Lamela foul on Rodri - no VAR penalty review - result 2-2 - consequence -2 points

I take your reasoning but to say we lost two points is simply the best case scenario. There was handball from Laporte so that goal was sadly (but correctly ruled out). We shaould have had a pen I agree, but you have assumed we score from it.

I take your reasoning but to say we lost two points is simply the best case scenario. There was handball from Laporte so that goal was sadly (but correctly ruled out). We shaould have had a pen I agree, but you have assumed we score from it.

not a clear and obvious error, therefore should have stood, penalty is icing on the cake, and an example of why im not including GD as that's a subjective step too far. If you want another argument, Laportes arm was being pulled, which May have resulted in the brush, so penalty?

The new handball law means that our winner yesterday was rightly ruled out. There was no consequence of 2 points dropped.

The Sterling offside against WHU is a +1 GD missing. Don’t ever dismiss goal difference...it wins Championships!!!
But if that goal would have stood at West Ham, we don’t know what would have happened after that. We might not have scored again, we might have scored eight.

Everything that happened after that goal would have been different as West Ham would have kicked off from the half way line instead of from an offside. So it would have been a different set of circumstances for everything following that.

not a clear and obvious error, therefore should have stood, penalty is icing on the cake, and an example of why im not including GD as that's a subjective step too far. If you want another argument, Laportes arm was being pulled, which May have resulted in the brush, so penalty?

Is there confusion with the rules? My understanding is that all goals are scrutinised irrespective of refs decision and you will do well to say there was no hand ball by Laporte, and clear and obvious only applies to something the ref has wrong or missed?

But if that goal would have stood at West Ham, we don’t know what would have happened after that. We might not have scored again, we might have scored eight.

Everything that happened after that goal would have been different as West Ham would have kicked off from the half way line instead of from an offside. So it would have been a different set of circumstances for everything following that.
Totally agree with you and have pointed this out many times before. People simply assume whatever happens after an event would still happen - crazy

Is there confusion with the rules? My understanding is that all goals are scrutinised irrespective of refs decision and you will do well to say there was no hand ball by Laporte, and clear and obvious only applies to something the ref has wrong or missed?
Yes every goal is looked at, no clear and obvious comes into it, any infringement will rule a goal out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.