Why do we miss so many chances?

My biggest bugbear is the number of times we get round the back of defences & don't score, often don't even get a shot at the end.

I recon Peps Barca was 200% better in those situations. If we improved that significantly, we'd never lose.

We have two near post goals so far yet the strikers have still neglected that area most of the time.

We do seem to have a low conversion rate given the number of chances we create. Perhaps it's something to do with playing against packed defences so players typically have less time and space to take a shot.

Why indeed do we miss so many chances?

We continually get into the correct positions but either fail to hit the target or fail to work the goalkeeper; think the Tottenham keeper only made three saves yesterday.

It seems that many players are shooting first time when they may actually increase their chances of scoring by taking a touch. It also seems that players are shooting from angles when we have an extra player in the box who might be in a better position to score.

Is it a psychological thing? ‘I know another one will come along in a minute so it’s not really that important.’

I always remember watching Guardiola’s Barcelona and thinking that they seemed to want to walk the ball into the net. Not sure I want that exactly, but I wouldn’t mind seeing us showing a little more composure and taking an extra touch/pass in the box. A tap in is generally the culmination of great team play.

Guardiola keeps saying that we can and must improve. Well, this is an aspect of our play that he can certainly have them work on this week.

Guardiola’s sides always miss lots of chances, take a look at Bayern when he was there. Probably cause they create a lot. Yesterday’s two goals from spurs were completely avoidable.

Sometimes it will happen but yesterday it felt that the players were a bit arrogant,were going for personal glory rather than adding up to our goals.Feeliing was that Spurs won't do shit and someone will eventually get one in later in match.

Guardiola’s sides always miss lots of chances, take a look at Bayern when he was there. Probably cause they create a lot. Yesterday’s two goals from spurs were completely avoidable.

The way to avoid the 2nd would have been for Walker to grab the bloke by the throat with both hands & haul him to the ground, which is perfectly legal.

Because shit happens. Sometimes you score 4 goals from 4 attempts as it happened in the first 25 minutes against Chelsea. Sometimes you miss many many chances. That's football.

When Barca lost the CL semi with Chelsea in 2012, they missed lots of chances, hit the post, wasted a pen, etc. It's about probabilities. Sometimes the result doesn't reflect the play.

You’re right. Most teams know they have to score with a chance because they are so hard to come by but City know there will be many more chances if they miss, which they do, a lot

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.