Why do we miss so many chances?

Is it just perception, I have no idea on the stats, but we have the ball more , we make more chances , we score more than anyone else, so we miss more is it a higher percentage than other teams I have no idea.

Because shit happens. Sometimes you score 4 goals from 4 attempts as it happened in the first 25 minutes against Chelsea. Sometimes you miss many many chances. That's football.

When Barca lost the CL semi with Chelsea in 2012, they missed lots of chances, hit the post, wasted a pen, etc. It's about probabilities. Sometimes the result doesn't reflect the play.
Yep. There are games where things don't work and games where it does. It's a dice roll. There were plenty of games last season where we were super clinical and took our only chances.

it looks so during the games, I was fuming yesterday and after one miss told my lad, we're not winning this game. Minute later they scored the 2nd.

But it's probably the law of the numbers. We create loads and then it looks we miss too many. Guess the percentage is similar to those that create less than us. We do overcomplicate at times though and yesterday there was some selfishness, from no other than KDB in 2 situations. Shame, as he could have got 4 assists.

We had the third best conversion rate in the PL last season with a 19.4% conversion rate. Only arsenal and liverpool were better. We created more chances than anyone else and scored more goals.

Yesterday was clearly a problem as we would have scored 6 if we’d hit 19%, however on the whole I’d say it isn’t a huge problem for us.

This is something I have thought for a long time, what we lack is an absolute clinical finisher, a fox in the box type of player. I really believe there must be a player somewhere in a lesser league who would be devastating for us.

This is something I have thought for a long time, what we lack is an absolute clinical finisher, a fox in the box type of player. I really believe there must be a player somewhere in a lesser league who would be devastating for us.
No. The grass isn't always greener. As has been made clear by Jesus' development and Aguero's changes under Pep, we're not a team who can afford to have a "fox in the box" type of striker. As it happens, we have Jesus, Aguero, and Sterling who are all excellent poachers, but a striker in a Pep side is always more of a false nine. Find me a striker who can be this "fox in the box" type from a lesser league who's also got a great first touch, great strength, can link up play, be confident in possession, help out defensively as Jesus and Aguero so often do, and be willing to rotate with the both of them, then we'll talk.

10 shots on target.
About eight of them were mishit or very poor efforts.

Our finishing was exceptionally poor yesterday.

Last edited by a moderator:
Spurs had 3 shots all game, 2 were goals, one was a shot from the half way line that went miles wide.

I am not sure we do and the stats above suggest that also.

In the biggest of games we do seem to concede too many too often and seem to make the most basic of mistakes defensively. You could count 3/4 in the last three games at the Etihad against Spurs alone.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.