Will VAR lead to increased football violence?

i really don't understand this new ruling that any handball is penalised, dippers v chelsea last wednesday, mane attempt hit chelsea on the arm the ref was looking at it directly, NO VAR no recall of incident, NOTHING, where is the consistancy ?

Before anyone accuses me of anything like being a grass, it's already on social media.

It's fair to say the VAR decision at the end of the match contributed directly to the disorder outside the stadium. That's not an excuse for what happened, but people were pissed off and wound-up.

Tense atmosphere at FT & @ManCity @SpursOfficial fans square up for some post-match afters! City fans did not like that #VAR decision & dropping those points after dominating the game! #MCITOT #THFC #COYS #Spurs #AwayFans #PL

Behaving like children because they didn’t win. Just rename the ground Old Trafford and change to red shirts. Gone.

Before anyone accuses me of anything like being a grass, it's already on social media.

It's fair to say the VAR decision at the end of the match contributed directly to the disorder outside the stadium. That's not an excuse for what happened, but people were pissed off and wound-up.

Tense atmosphere at FT & @ManCity @SpursOfficial fans square up for some post-match afters! City fans did not like that #VAR decision & dropping those points after dominating the game! #MCITOT #THFC #COYS #Spurs #AwayFans #PL

Big brave Spurs with their police protection.

Behaving like children because they didn’t win. Just rename the ground Old Trafford and change to red shirts. Gone.

Really?

City and spurs hate each other, have for years, there is always a bit of needle between some fans it is hardly new
Also if you had been there then even fans who have no interest in scrapping were emotionally charged, after that ending from people being completely down and fed up to some frustrated and angry a load of cockney fuckwits gloating was gonna rile some.

At the end of the day VAR especially a last minute decission is gonna wind up people and cause trouble between fans, the feeling at the end was different than just losing or the opposition getting a late equaliser or such like normal, it was soul destroying and frustrating.

It’s more than one match. I’m noticing it far, far more. I’ve always accepted defeat with good grace and moved on. And, in several decades of going, I’ve never felt the need to strike a rival fan despite being attacked myself. Hooliganism is a cancer on the game.

GMP are the only police I have seen who are quick to draw and use their batons at the first option. Years ago in the south stand concourse after we beat Birmingham, the Brummies had somehow got through the door of the away end. They were quickly pushed back and the door shut. There was a line of police between the City fan's all with baton's drawn which was an overkill. Aside from some chanting no one was trying to charge them and the Brummies were back behind the steel door. This must be a trained tactic to draw their batons straight away

Going to be super controversial here - this and the emotion from the stands is pretty refreshing.

We're starting to see real visceral emotion come back into the sport and that can only be a good thing for fans bored of the saccahrin Ant n Dec Saturday Night flavoured corporate advert-a-thon that football has become. As long as everybody is safe then I see no issue with this Police monitored handbags stuff

Going to be super controversial here - this and the emotion from the stands is pretty refreshing.

We're starting to see real visceral emotion come back into the sport and that can only be a good thing for fans bored of the saccahrin Ant n Dec Saturday Night flavoured corporate advert-a-thon that football has become. As long as everybody is safe then I see no issue with this Police monitored handbags stuff

Yep. Fucking bollocks to half and half scarves and all that nonsense. I wish no harm to anyone but without a bit of tension, what is it? It's not just a team, or a game....it's where we're from, who we are, of course we get wound up and the self righteousness at times is sickening.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.