Will VAR lead to increased football violence?

OK they have finally won; football is dead to me, blood is still boiling but seriously considering jacking it all in. Not good for my health this!

How can they have destroyed this beautiful sport we love?

I think as a bunch of supporters we need to make a stand, not sure what we can do, match boycott, March on West Minister, we must do something.

The way I feel right now and I'm sure I'm not alone, this will be my last season as a season card holder and actually want to give the game up for good.

How long before violence creeps back into football, opposition fans goading us again and again.
Heard a Spurs fan was thrown in the canal last night, I can only see serious violence escalating, I think football is at a very dangerous point here, I'm normally a very calm person but was not sane of mind last night and know if I had been involved in an altercation that I wouldn't have been able to control my anger and may have kicked to kill. How long before a referee is attacked or VAR referee is attacked. You can't play with people's emotions like that!

Removed myself from social media for a few days, physically sick and disgusted
You are spot on. Here is a list of what this will lead to.
Empty seats in every ground.
More violence between those that go.
EFL crowds will swell to all time high.
Foreign players will leave/ not come here.
Tv football will have a field day.

But it is banter, just because you can't take it, doesn't mean it's not banter.

I understand the decision mate, I'm annoyed about it and hope its going to be fair, although that again can be an individual thing. Yet don't be caving someones head in because they laughed at a decision that didn't go your way.

Some people may see it as banter others may see it as offensive.. who are we to judge what football / there club means to everyone.. we all see it differently and are attached to it different.
You wouldn’t walk into a mosque in Iran shouting anti Mohamed shit or Start shouting Michael Jackson is a kiddi fiddler at a MJ reunion without expecting some kind of kick back.. football grounds are emotionally charged places, if they wasn’t the game would be dead... you pick your time and place for that kind of shit.. if your in a min looking for trouble then yep go ahead and get what’s coming or get away with it but don’t pretend your not looking fir it.. if your stupid enough to do it with out back up then that’s where the laws of natural selection kicks in and you have put yourself in the realm of them that think they can fly or puts there hand in the fire to see if it burns...

None. Just heard about it and then saw someone on twitter posting the lads pic.could of made it up i suppose
I saw that post aswell but she also commented on another one saying she wishes city fans get battered when we go to their place. Not that I condone it but she even said she was telling the bloke to punch her. Sounds like a nutter to me.

I think it will stop or be moderated somehow before it comes to this. I posted earlier (can't remember which thread) about some new rule/directive on shirt pulling in the box coming in a couple of seasons ago. I remember this as one of the first to be booked was Raz, who let's face it is not exactly the most daunting physical presence in the box from a set piece. As the season went on (by about October I think) it seemed the refs just stopped applying the daft rule. I don't expect any public climb down on the new handball rule or VAR, but I think lessons may quietly be learned. Doesn't get us back the 2 points we were robbed of yesterday though.

The movers and shakers in the game have by and large removed the traditional supporters and replaced them with the controllable worried about their mortgage job and what people think of them type. There is of course nothing wrong with having a mortgage but there isn't an edge it's all so vanilla it's a dying game killed by the people at the top who want us to buy popcorn, half and half scarves and enjoy their product responsibly.
Tradition and football culture is pretty much finished and it wont be coming back, before long it'll be replaced by some socially inclusive acceptable form of entertainment that used to be football.

Yes. Managed to not behave like a total dickhead too.
Good stuff well done. I did too as it happens. But I'm not sure I would have kept my usual calm if goaded face to face by some knobhead spurs chancer. Would you be still calm and rational, square up or do a runner! I'm too old to run and I don't suffer fools lightly, especially goading ones, so I suppose I may just snap to become a middle aged dickhead eh? See the thing is, I'm old enough to remember it kicking off at games in the mid 70s to late 80s where nobody had time to film a bit of handbags at ten paces on their latest iPhone 10. You had to eat or be eaten, or beat or be beaten.

I really do not want to see innocence supporters especially women and kids get involved in violence at football matches. I thought we'd mostly moved on, seems we are going backwards towards the trouble that's frequented the average football league match.

Good stuff well done. I did too as it happens. But I'm not sure I would have kept my usual calm if goaded face to face by some knobhead spurs chancer. Would you be still calm and rational, square up or do a runner! I'm too old to run and I don't suffer fools lightly, especially goading ones, so I suppose I may just snap to become a middle aged dickhead eh? See the thing is, I'm old enough to remember it kicking off at games in the mid 70s to late 80s where nobody had time to film a bit of handbags at ten paces on their latest iPhone 10. You had to eat or be eaten, or beat or be beaten.

/QUOTE]

Can you imagine some of the fans today going through rusholme to a night match filming on their i phone bum bag in tow. Hahaha they'd have no phone left

I can see a mass surge in violence after football matches; are we supposed to just sit there and take it over and over again!
Dumbed- down Zombies will....
Everyone else is happy tho. The Premiership Product is bouncing along quite nicely, everyone is talking about it!
Sponsers are getting loads of coverage
The excitement and drama of modern day USA style Money-Ball...rolls along.

What's not to like?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.