Var debate 2019/20

And as far as yesterday's pen on Rodri the useless Bottler looked at summat else. And to think he is regarded by many as the best ref we have. Kinell!

If you can return to an incident three or four touches prior to a goal being scored, I think we should be able to re-run a game prior to 1500 touches and add the pen on at the end!

To me on the video I saw it looked to me he was looking straight at the incident but then again that is the VAR mans job to spot the things the fucking REF doesn't, he must have been yawning through boredom or something.

How do you know the referee does see it?

I watched the match again on Man City for TV and just before the replay you see the ball go out for a throw in > then a close up of Oliver shaking his head and pointing to his ear piece > then the replay shows Oliver look at the player taking the corner kick > then Oliver looks at the huddle of players in the middle of the penalty area = thus Oliver doesn't see Aguero being pulled back by Rose and by the time he's turn his head to where the ball is, Rodri is already on the deck.

I'd post a video, but trying to control the Man City for TV app is difficult. This could all be avoided if referees were micked up for the whole world to hear what VAR is doing and what the referee and the other officials are saying to each other. If they saw both incidents and deemed them not to be fouls then that's one thing, but no one knows for certain. Football is a soap opera, decent sports like cricket and rugby have none of this controversy because we get to hear what the officials are saying, etc.

30 minutes it took to get the evidence below to help provide factual proof for my point. Life is too short, I'm off for my tea and going to think about whether my time this weekend would have been better watching the Ashes. Yesterday I decided to stay in the pub with my mates in the beer garden. I got to the ground at half time, and saw the second half. Why did I stay in the beer garden? Because, usually I put City first and others second, but I'm tired of doing that, especially when soap operas bore the hell out of me.

20190818_173336.jpg
I think you need to read my post again !!!

I wonder why he wasn't asked whether he had seen the blatant wrestling move on Rodri. He clearly hadn't because if he had he would surely have asked for a VAR re-run to confirm it, wouldn't he? No? It just makes you wonder, doesn't it?
It certainly does and Mike Reilly needs to ask the fucking question to the idiot at that end and tell him to explain that to City.

Cameras, monitors, miked-up refs, slow motion, chips in boots, microchipped ball, replays at 1000 frames per second, managers getting 1, 2,3 chances to review - all have been mentioned and more. And it’s all bollocks. Leave the game as it was, as it survived perfectly well for over 130 years. I barely celebrated the 1st two goals as I was almost certain they’d be flagged for offside. I went mental for the 3rd and how wrong I was. It’s fucking killed the game. Stone dead. But hey, let’s call it “progress” let’s say it will rule out mistakes. Let’s not ask any fan what they want. I fucking hate it. Always have, always will. Anyone thinks it’s a great idea, stick to wathing American fucking football. You’ll be welcome to that anodyne shit.

Absolutely spot-on

Don't know if it's been mentioned earlier but looking at the replay it looks to me that it brushed the defender arm as well which if true it should have been a pen but I suppose it will then depend which arm it touches first.

Cameras, monitors, miked-up refs, slow motion, chips in boots, microchipped ball, replays at 1000 frames per second, managers getting 1, 2,3 chances to review - all have been mentioned and more. And it’s all bollocks. Leave the game as it was, as it survived perfectly well for over 130 years. I barely celebrated the 1st two goals as I was almost certain they’d be flagged for offside. I went mental for the 3rd and how wrong I was. It’s fucking killed the game. Stone dead. But hey, let’s call it “progress” let’s say it will rule out mistakes. Let’s not ask any fan what they want. I fucking hate it. Always have, always will. Anyone thinks it’s a great idea, stick to wathing American fucking football. You’ll be welcome to that anodyne shit.
100% , well said

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.