Spurs (H) Post Match Thread

I disagree there, I think the important bit is where it says 'a player gains control/possession of the ball after it has touches their hand/arm and then scores, or creates a goal-scoring opportunity'.
With the ball only glancing off Laporte's arm at no point did he have control or possession of the ball so there was no way he could do anything involving an 'and then'.
The rule is written to prevent occasions where a ball accidentally hits a players arm and the ball either drops to the players feet or is diverted towards a teammate. A ball brushing a players arm does not constitute 'control or possesion'.

Ah but these are the LotG as they are written. If only refs and assorted boffins, or is it buffoons, in the VAR shed applied those Laws as they are written. They seem to get interpreted in our games that never is replicated in others. The description of a Salah penalty will never be used to describe what happened to Rodri. I have come to the conclusion there are two quite separate editions of the LotG - there's one out in the public domain that we can all see, read, digest and understand, and there's the one that Oliver and a few other refs use when they have our game! Bastards!

DeBruyneKev on new signings Rodri and Joao Cancelo: “They are doing really well. Joao [Cancelo] only joined us last week so he probably needs a bit more adjusting [time], but both of them will really help us to play well.”

“We played well and I think we deserved to win. The team played really well and played offensively the way we want to play. We didn’t get the three points but that’s the only thing we didn’t get..."

“We want to win every game but it’s very difficult. We deserved to win and we will go again next week and everything will be fine.” [via @ManCity]

What a marvellous performance regardless of the result. Play anything like that most weeks and we’ll win the league.

The poverty of Spurs’ aspirations was shocking, what a fucking miserable, horrible team they are. The only thing more miserable and horrible than them was the referee whose performance in awarding them free kick after free kick for at best 50/50 challenges was either incompetent or corrupt. His bias was so obvious as to be laughable. How’s that allowed to happen ?

It was an odd game

Of course, by any normal standards that is a 5-0 game.

Notwithstanding City’s excellence, Spurs were particularly pathetic.

It is odd that Spurs only committed 4 fouls. Normally under this type of pressure we’d break the game up.

It is odd the goals City conceded. Were they not soft even by soft goals standards? Moura is the smallest player on the pitch?

The surprising VAR decisions?

It was almost as if someone wanted it to finish 2-2

Anyway, it’s a point.

We played much better yesterday than we did in the game against Chelsea last season where we won 6-0.

In fact, I’d even say that was our best performance under Pep. We dominated a title challenger for 85 mins and limited them to two half chances.

If we play to that standard every week then we’ll do an invincible season.

a player gains control/possession of the ball after it has touches their hand/arm and then scores, or creates a goal-scoring opportunity

But surely he never gained control of the ball so whether it went on to create a goal-scoring opportunity is irrelevant?

its the or creates a goal scoring opportunity bit that is why the goal was disallowed - completely non deliberate but still it helped create the opportnity and was part of the build up

I disagree there, I think the important bit is where it says 'a player gains control/possession of the ball after it has touches their hand/arm and then scores, or creates a goal-scoring opportunity'.
With the ball only glancing off Laporte's arm at no point did he have control or possession of the ball so there was no way he could do anything involving an 'and then'.
The rule is written to prevent occasions where a ball accidentally hits a players arm and the ball either drops to the players feet or is diverted towards a teammate. A ball brushing a players arm does not constitute 'control or possesion'.

you can disagree all you want....there is an or in the sentance and that stipulates that if a hand ball (deliberate or not) creates a goal scoring opportunity - which it did...its there in black and white...no he never had control of the ball or possession but the or bit is the important bit and the ref has interpirted it corretly.

Not sure how anyone without an agenda can say it wasn’t a foul on Rodri. Incomprehensible that anyone looking at that can say no foul. Can only draw the conclusion that someone is bent

i agree it was a foul but it happens all the time even before VAR - the accusations of bias/bent ref's is a very old argument.

It was an odd game

Of course, by any normal standards that is a 5-0 game.

Notwithstanding City’s excellence, Spurs were particularly pathetic.

It is odd that Spurs only committed 4 fouls. Normally under this type of pressure we’d break the game up.

It is odd the goals City conceded. Were they not soft even by soft goals standards? Moura is the smallest player on the pitch?

The surprising VAR decisions?

It was almost as if someone wanted it to finish 2-2

Anyway, it’s a point.

According to the sage that is Neil Ashton in today's Sun, Spurs deserved their point for their resilience and never say die.

Obviously choosing to overlook the 30 missed chances and VAR decisions.

Apparently, it underlined Spurs' title challenger credentials.

I thought they were average at best and won't finish within 15 points of us.

Oliver

Oliver Did miss the foul on rodri for the pen. If u watch the footage back he is looking over to his right. By the time he is looking straight at the incident rodri is on the ground, so Oliver never saw it. That in my mind is a clear and obvious mistake that should have been reviewed by VAR!!

IF he did miss it as you say then yes.....but i think it was reviewed by VAR and Oliver indicated this in his conversation to the city player(s) who was speaking to him just after the incident....he pointed to his ear shaking his head - now i interprited that at the time as he had had the word that it wasnt a penalty - others have interprited it as he was saying it hadnt been reviewed - whats the facts of the matter I dont know.....

where was the linesman in all of this...surely he would have had a view on it as he should have been stood near to the corner flag and as the incident happened at the front post he should have had a view....he cleary didnt think it was a penalty either as he would have flagged surely.....so thats the lino who should have seen it, the ref you say was looking the other way but then VAR on reviewing it also thought that it wasnt.

Just to make it clear again, I think it was a penalty and that was without the aid of a replay and in real time and nothing ive seen since has made me think that it wasnt a penalty - but thats irrelevant.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.