The New Handball Law

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
I can't wait for ref watch tomorrow morning-not that the presenters will give the bald tw+t a hard time on it though. I can't imagine them making Dermot Gallagher run through the hand ball rule point by point and come to the conclusion that they screwed up.

http://www.thefa.com/football-rules.../football-11-11/law-12---fouls-and-misconduct

So by the new laws of the game it is an offence if a player gains possession/control of the ball after it has touched their hand/arm and then scores in the opponents’ goal, creates a goal-scoring opportunity or scores in the opponents’ goal directly from their hand/arm, even if accidental.

So these new laws are unfair to the attacking team. If the same thing happened to a defender and it was accidental, it’s not a penalty, yet an accidental incident like Laporte’s yesterday is ruled out.

That is one stupid law!

So now we have two situations where the attacking team are being hindered. This, and if a player by all intents and purposes is level with the defensive line but could be 1mm offside, there is no benefit of the doubt and advantage going to the attacking team anymore, it’s 100% benefit of the doubt and advantage going to the defenders.

Jimmy Hill will be spinning in his grave!
Wouldn't get too worked up about it, it'll get scrapped the first time it works in our favour.

Nobody will complain about this rule when they disallow a goal like this against us.
I can promise you I won't complain, when they disallow a result changing goal against us, in stoppage time, for a second touch off an arm. I'd like to, but I'll be long dead before it happens.

It's a load of bollocks. Slightest touch from a forward, goal disallowed. Slightest touch from a defender no offence, no pen.

Anyone Would think this rule has been brought in to punish attacking, dominant teams.

This will go against us many more times than it will go for us.

People are just tinkering with the game for no good reason, no point it having a ref or lino, just sound a big fuckin hooter when a decision needs making from someone sat in earth's orbit observing the game...

I can't wait for ref watch tomorrow morning-not that the presenters will give the bald tw+t a hard time on it though. I can't imagine them making Dermot Gallagher run through the hand ball rule point by point and come to the conclusion that they screwed up.
Not one ref will break ranks,they are all tied to it now and have to stick by it

Not one ref will break ranks,they are all tied to it now and have to stick by it
You're right but DG is a pundit-nothing more. He didn't break ranks as you say but then SKY chose to only put a tiny bit of rule 12 up and didn't challenge him hard enough to explain exactly how it fitted all of the requirements that the rule demands. I still say if they're being picky the fact that Laporte was having his shirt held should have been a penalty by the letter of the law, which they now seem to have as their stock phrase.

You're right but DG is a pundit-nothing more. He didn't break ranks as you say but then SKY chose to only put a tiny bit of rule 12 up and didn't challenge him hard enough to explain exactly how it fitted all of the requirements that the rule demands. I still say if they're being picky the fact that Laporte was having his shirt held should have been a penalty by the letter of the law, which they now seem to have as their stock phrase.
I gave up watching him as he won't go against any refs,he didn't think the foul on rodders was a pen at first but he was coming round to the idea? wtf,the prem brought in that rule a few seasons ago,remember when dean gave a pen against raz that time when the rule was new,after a few games the refs stop doing it,is that not a rule anymore? even sky were dumbfounded it wasn't a pen,i'm expecting the dippers to get pens very easily as the rules will be applied for them

I thought it was funny when Boly had his goal disallowed against Leicester tbh.

Not sure that Sky are really that arsed about getting DG to commit to an opinion which goes against the workings of PiGMOL tbh.

When the rags or dippers are affected by a similar incident , Sky will be all over it and clamouring for the rules to be changed, and then DG or anybody else will be under real pressure .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.