Spurs (H) Post Match Thread

IMO the law needs to be changed back to how it was, i.e. that if the ball hits your arm and there's **** all you can do about it, it is not handball.

The laws since the beginning of the game 100+ years ago were founded on the principle that you can control the ball with your feet, head, shoulders, arse, whatever... but not your hands.

If you haven't used you hands/arms to control the ball, then I think that should be fine.

After this season is finished they should change the law to something more common sense but bot before IMO.

Just have VAR show the evidence of the ball touching the arm. And use this disallowed goal as the baseline to judge everything else against.

I don't want to see Liverpool for example benefiting from a change in the law or it's interpretation because they got it wrong in our case which cost us 2 points. Let them also suffer the same faith and perhaps the same points loss.

After this season is finished they should change the law to something more common sense but bot before IMO.

Just have VAR show the evidence of the ball touching the arm. And use this disallowed goal as the baseline to judge everything else against.

I don't want to see Liverpool for example benefiting from a change in the law or it's interpretation because they got it wrong in our case which cost us 2 points. Let them also suffer the same faith and perhaps the same points loss.
2 points is nothing mate, there's 36 games to go.

Keep it as it is, and we'll be losing more and more points IMO, whereas Liverpool's fouls will be conveniently ignored.

Don't believe me? Watch this space.

Referees should come out after games and explain their decisions, cos if Oliver comes out and says he saw the Rodri/lamela incident and there was not enough in it to warrant a penalty then he shouldn't be a premier league referee, if he says he didn't/couldn't see it then he should have asked for assistance, both ways it was poor refereeing. VAR will kill football as we know it.

Still stunned by how poor Ederson's positioning was for Spurs' first goal. Horrendous. He genuinely has no idea where his posts are.

ECVPCf7XUAEIUuP

Still stunned by how poor Ederson's positioning was for Spurs' first goal. Horrendous. He genuinely has no idea where his posts are.

ECVPCf7XUAEIUuP
Agree that was not exactly his finest moment. He nearly got a hand to it and with better positioning would and should have saved that comfortably.

To be fair to the bloke, he'd probably nodded off.

Sorry if I've misundestood but doesn't it say if "A PLAYER. " touches or gains possession with " THEIR" hand/arm , meaning Laporte didn't gain possession Gaby did and Gaby never handballed it
Bloody confused

and thats the bit that is unclear......if laporte had gained possession (ie the ball at his feet) and them slammed it home it would and should have been disallowed (I wonder what would have happened if he had headed it onto his own arm and it had done in (ie head to arm to goal without anyone else touching it) - agin probably righfully disallowed. However the team have gained possession and we have gained an advantage because of it (ie possession of the ball which doesnt go to Gabby possibly if the deflection off the arm doesnt happen)

for me the defelction off the arm has given us possession and therefore a handball is part of the build up to the goal (and has a direct impact on it)....

I think the law is being interpreted on the basis that because the ball travelled directly from Laporte’s arm to Jesus then it must have created a goal scoring opportunity. But the ball barely deviated on its way to Jesus. It seems to me that the correct question should be “Did the ball only arrive at Jesus’s feet because It touched Laporte’s arm?”. I think the law needs to be clarified so that there needs to be a significant deviation in the trajectory, speed or bounce of the ball for it to count as creating a goal scoring opportunity.

the law does need to be clarified...again it would be very difficult to tell whether GJ would have got the ball or not....it could be argued that the deflection off the arm made it eaiser to ontrol as it slowed the ball down but alternatively it could be argues that the deflection made it harder to control cause if Gabby had seen it coming anyway he would have had to readjust to take the deflection into account....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.