Will VAR lead to increased football violence?

Football is our escape, an area of life where you can vent / release stress; playing with fans emotions and adding additional stress to something people feel so emotionally attached to will only end badly, symptoms will be increase in heart attacks and increase in violence

Talking to some Spurs fans on the train after the game, like me all in their sixties, who said they'd been pushed about a bit and threatened on the way out, managed to get in a cab which was then surrounded by idiots banging on the windows and yelling racist abuse. The increased frustration and disappointment from the VAR fiasco obviously doesn't excuse these idiots but it sure as hell exacerbates the problem.

Peddle your bullshit somewhere else.

As I watched from SS2 the Spurs Fans thinking it was hilarious to wind up Blues who were moments earlier doing the Glorious Bounce of a Late Winner I honestly feared this new aspect of the Game would result in Big Trouble the type of which the FA think it’s put to bed.
The Press/Spurs Fans seem to think we have no right to feel mad... I felt Pretty Mad and it seems so did many others...
No desire to return to the Dark Days but poor communication of new Rules is fuelling a new Fire!

I don't condone violence - never have, never will - but when a group of grown men are in your face spitting and screaming at you they can't really complain when one of them gets a slap. Personally I am man enough to tell them to f+++ off, but many will react first.

Again, I don't condone violence but I can understand why some reacted outside the stadium when 100s of Spurs fans were giving it the big verbals in peoples faces.

I obviously don't know the women who claims to have been punched - but she seems extremely close to the home fans there and that's at least 8 to 10 minutes after the game ended - so why was she still there unless to goad the home fans? Once again, I don't condone anyone hitting anyone but when you put yourself in that type of position then you have to expect any sort of action from others.

The pic that woman posted on twitter was in the stadium with no obvious segregation. I concluded that she must have been in the home support. Why the fuck would anyone, male or female, think its sensible to start up 'banter' in that situation is beyond belief.

I know the millenials won't like it but this is football, allways has been and always will be, its tribal and if you go into the wrong areas you have to be carefull and take responsibility for yourself. We've all been there, I certainly have a few times. Why push your luck?

The MEN is now running a similar story and quotes a Spurs who said it was fine after the CL game and City fans were even saying good luck against Ajax. Is there seriously a City fan who would say good luck to them after we’ve been shafted by VAR on 2 counts in the second leg? They’re just behind (and always have been) United and Liverpool in the hatred queue for me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.