Claudio Gomes

On the bench for France in the U19 Euros, here`s a link to the game in case he`s subbed on:
https://www.uefa.tv/match/live/117440/2027492
You have to sign in or create an account (took me 2 mins)

And there were plenty worried and wondering why he wasn't included in the preseason tour. Would have to assume that this is a better opportunity for him and Eric Garcia.

We've loaned them Rusnak, Byrne, and Bytyqi in the past so there could be something in this. Thought when he came over he'd be pushing for a first team place but injuries haven't been so kind to him.

Perhaps, but if he’s speaking to other clubs, it might be that he’s not keen on the move. Would also be a little odd to send him to Cambuur rather than NAC, but perhaps they don’t need cover for that position.

Feels like he's already moving out of the picture tbh. Just hasn't clicked for him here at all at any level and he's not stood out for the EDS at all. I know that sounds totally ruthless, but when you've got the amount of young talents we've got, then that's sometimes how it will be. Could be wrong of course but the signs aren't great for him currently.

Despite all the above, I had heard he'd impressed in training with the first team last year at times so you never know...but yeah, a loan to the 2nd tier of the Eredivise would be basically be the end for him IMO.

We've loaned them Rusnak, Byrne, and Bytyqi in the past so there could be something in this. Thought when he came over he'd be pushing for a first team place but injuries haven't been so kind to him.

Not exactly a promising outlook.

Given how highly he was rated a season ago, even looking decent in some preseason matches, that is some fall from grace.

Watched him a handful of times last year, showed glimpses of being a player but for me gave the ball away too much. Must have something about him, he came on in the CS last year as I recall, feels like it's just not worked out at all for him.

Season long loan to PSV.

Will start in their reserves (Dutch 2nd division) but if he impresses then who knows? Last player we loaned then was Zinchenko in similar circumstances, maybe they'll give Gomes more of a shot after seeing how good Zinchenko has been for us.

Could be a very shrewd loan.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.