Your ten "must see" places in England..

You are really selling this to me!! I’m very tempted to give it a whirl.
You can buy a job lot off eBay for a steal mate. Some people buy a full set of camping gear, decide it's not for them after 1 trip and then flog the lot. Read up on what quality of gear it is and bid. I'd have thought £200 will buy a full set of good quality second hand gear. Outwell and Vango make good tents.

There's a German war cemetery in Cannock Chase which is worth a visit. There must be a few thousand graves in there mainly from planes which were shot down if memory serves. I never knew it was there and stumbled across it one day. Very humbling indeed.

Depends what you're interested in, doesn't it?

I suggest:
Wells Cathedral.
Tewkesbury Abbey.
York
Manifold Valley
Norfolk Broads (Especially an early morning sail across Breydon Water.)
North Yorkshire Moors Railway
Southwold
Bowfell
Whitby
Sissinghurst Gardens (With a compulsory visit to the Three Chimneys, Biddenden.)

1. Not a big fan of the south of England, too flat for me, so my beloved North.
Climb any of the Yorkshire peaks, Pen y Gent, Whernside, Ingleborough or further south, Great Whernside (recently opened up) or Buckden pike. Or take the Pennine way from Hardraw towards Buttertubs. The rewards are stunning views and, weather permitting a great day out. Finish in the pub, of course.
2. Scafell pike. Not for the faint hearted.
3. Mam Tor, easy climb, stunning views.
4. Start at Dent Station, the highest in England. Visit Dent and walk Dentdale, then over the top towards Sedburgh. Wonderful view of the Howgills (Cumbrian mist permitting) and South lakeland.
5. Kinder Scout.. Beautiful place with beautiful history. Mass trespass led to countryside acts, ramblers assoc. and, eventually right to roam.
Ok, enough of my love of our northern hills. Go, enjoy.

Without checking previous

Northumberland Coast inc Lindisfarne and Bamburgh castle
Keswick and Derwentwater
Avebury
North Devon and Exmoor
Pendle area
Norfolk Broads and coast
White Peak
York
Malvern Hills
Maiden Castle

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.