The New Handball Law

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
Why would someone specifically put in the wording 'goalscoring chance' ?

Imo, it's pretty obviously for a perfectly good & fair reason; we don't want to see the ball hitting someone on the arm then deflecting to someone stood in front of the keeper, or with an open net, tapping the ball in.

As usual, this bunch of useless fucking wankers are incapable of using common sense & instead interpret it in a 'jobsworth' manner, ignorant pundits fail to read it properly & the authorities fall over backwards trying to pretend it's all correct.

They will end up changing it again, but no guarantee they won't actually make it worse, as they have done since trying to excuse the ludicrous penalty given against Otamendi.

It's all fucked.

There's not doubt that determining if a "handball" has resulted in unfair advantage when it comes to scoring a goal and therefore taking out judgment simplifies things but the wording of the rule really doesn't do that well. The bigger problem though does seem to be in interpretation of the law.

I blame the EU....

Ian-Holloway.jpg
I thought that was absolutely priceless. "I thought we voted for Brexit so we didn't have to have these laws. The sooner we get out the sooner we can change it back."

Somebody made a very good point before. If the ball hits a defender's arm in the penalty area and he clears it upfield where the striker wins it and runs on to score, what happens then? The player has gained possession with his arm and created a goalscoring chance. Therefore, it's handball, no goal and a penalty at the other end. Let's see them explain that one away.

Somebody made a very good point before. If the ball hits a defender's arm in the penalty area and he clears it upfield where the striker wins it and runs on to score, what happens then? The player has gained possession with his arm and created a goalscoring chance. Therefore, it's handball, no goal and a penalty at the other end. Let's see them explain that one away.
I wonder if a team will try this. If they see a defender handball it, accidental or not, just stand still and let the other team go down the other end and score! VAR will see the handball on review and award the penalty.

I thought that was absolutely priceless. "I thought we voted for Brexit so we didn't have to have these laws. The sooner we get out the sooner we can change it back."
After Brexit, we will be able to have some proper BRITISH laws, not those poncey continental ones:
1.No go-faster stripes on shirts
2 All shorts to be black or white, made by Umbro.
3.Tackles where a player launches himself feet first at the neck of an opponent will be legal.
4. All pitches to be ankle deep in mud.
5.No silly haircuts.
6. The ref to be addressed as 'Sir'
7. All players must pass GCSE English.(even Scotsmen)
8. All players to have proper names like Nobby, Enoch, Eli, or Gervaise
9 Bournemouth to be called Bournemouth and Boscombe Athletic. Similarly, Burslem Port Vale
10 Goals scored by no. 9 with his head after a 50 yard hoof, to count double.
11. No ladies toilets.
That should do for a start

Where does it say: "that if a ball hits a player and he doesn't control it then play continues"?
I was pretty much paraphrasing there, the laws in full are available on the IFAB or the FA websites. The laws are a lot more in depth and nuanced than the Premier League's simplified version.

It is an offence if a player:

• 1. deliberately touches the ball with their hand/arm, including moving the hand/arm towards the ball

• 2. gains possession/control of the ball after it has touched their hand/arm and then:
    • 2(a) scores in the opponents’ goal

• 2(b) creates a goal-scoring opportunity

• 3. scores in the opponents’ goal directly from their hand/arm, even if accidental, including by the goalkeeper

Highlighted in red are the results of actions taken by a player in committing the offence of handball. Both results are the same but the law leading to each result is different.

In number 3 it would take a minimum of one touch inclusive of handball to score in the opponents goal.

In number 2(a) it would take a minimum of two touches inclusive of handball to complete the offence or else it would be no different from number 3.

The addition of number 3 by IFAB conclusively means that the player in number 2 must be the player who makes the first touch after the handball and explains why the wording of gains possession/control is there.

Therefore he would not only have to be the player that has the first touch after the handball to score in the opponents goal but also the first player to touch the ball after the handball to create a goal scoring opportunity.

The argument suggesting that Laporte created a goal scoring opportunity with the deflection is not supported by the rules, as rule 2 clearly states he must have gained possession or control of the ball.

If the deflection off the arm had gone straight into the goal then the offence would have been covered in number 3 above. If he had somehow struck the ball into the net after the handball then he would have satisfied the conditions in rule 2.

It angers me that these decisions based on flawed understanding of the rules are going to continue unchallenged, or unfortunately challenged by those with the same flawed understanding.

After Brexit, we will be able to have some proper BRITISH laws, not those poncey continental ones:
1.No go-faster stripes on shirts
2 All shorts to be black or white, made by Umbro.
3.Tackles where a player launches himself feet first at the neck of an opponent will be legal.
4. All pitches to be ankle deep in mud.
5.No silly haircuts.
6. The ref to be addressed as 'Sir'
7. All players must pass GCSE English.(even Scotsmen)
8. All players to have proper names like Nobby, Enoch, Eli, or Gervaise
9 Bournemouth to be called Bournemouth and Boscombe Athletic. Similarly, Burslem Port Vale
10 Goals scored by no. 9 with his head after a 50 yard hoof, to count double.
11. No ladies toilets.
That should do for a start

1. Good.
2. Good.
3. Already are if they're against us.
4. Already are if they're playing us.
5. Good.
6. Perfect.
7. That's Rooney and Kane fucked.
8. As opposed to Eddie, Bernie and Spanish Dave.
9. Good, might put a stop to the Rags stealing the name of our City.
10. 'av it.
11. They don't anyway these days seeing as men can just do a bit cross-dressing and get in anyway.

I wonder if a team will try this. If they see a defender handball it, accidental or not, just stand still and let the other team go down the other end and score! VAR will see the handball on review and award the penalty.
There won’t be a penalty for accidental handball. The goal will stand unless it’s against the scum or dippers, then they will just make something up on the spot.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.