Will VAR lead to increased football violence?

I don't think so. However I can see it so that fans will nor bother coming to games, if they feel that their team is being cheated. That is the way it felt on Saturday. Showed the replay yet I couldn't see whether it was Laporte or the Spurs player who handled the ball. It is now time that the ref's are miked up to the stadium speakers so that the fans can hear what the ref is saying to the players. Afterall it works well in rugby so why can't it work in football.

I don't think so. However I can see it so that fans will nor bother coming to games, if they feel that their team is being cheated. That is the way it felt on Saturday. Showed the replay yet I couldn't see whether it was Laporte or the Spurs player who handled the ball. It is now time that the ref's are miked up to the stadium speakers so that the fans can hear what the ref is saying to the players. Afterall it works well in rugby so why can't it work in football.
Can't hear the PA for a start, and it would be incendiary. Better just not to bring VAR in until it can be done quickly and accurately. 90 seconds is not good enough.

My seat is the one next to the segregation in the third tier of the South Stand, Ive seen a number of away fans jumping up on the metal bars throwing punches at City fans (and vice versa) but Ive never once seen one land properly and all we have up in the gods is a line of poorly paid showsec between us.

In my opinion this woman is either 1) talking shite or 2) was leaning over the barriers herself and managed to get caught by a flailing fist, if this is the case then whilst im not for 1 minute condoning hitting a woman (or any opposing fan for that matter) but she must have put herself in a pretty terrible position by leaning towards and goading a group of already riled up lads

My seat is the one next to the segregation in the third tier of the South Stand, Ive seen a number of away fans jumping up on the metal bars throwing punches at City fans (and vice versa) but Ive never once seen one land properly and all we have up in the gods is a line of poorly paid showsec between us.

In my opinion this woman is either 1) talking shite or 2) was leaning over the barriers herself and managed to get caught by a flailing fist, if this is the case then whilst im not for 1 minute condoning hitting a woman (or any opposing fan for that matter) but she must have put herself in a pretty terrible position by leaning towards and goading a group of already riled up lads

By her own admission she had said something along the lines of "Go on hit me then!" I am surprised no one on here witnessed it, but from the picture she herself posted it looked like the ground was thinned out quite a bit and the fans she snapped were pretty young looking.

I would envisage the lads were wound up to the point where experience would tell you if you pushed them any further they would snap. Perhaps a few threats made if she didn't shut up she would be hit, leading to her leaning forward and making the statement. The end result being that is what happened. All childish and unsavoury of course but if you provoke someone who is highly emotional for whatever reason it is a likely outcome as that built up pressure blows.

Can't hear the PA for a start, and it would be incendiary. Better just not to bring VAR in until it can be done quickly and accurately. 90 seconds is not good enough.
Apparently the Pl has ruled out showing incidents on the screen whilst VAR is in progress because the crowd reaction might influence refs using pitch side monitors.

I expect pitch side reviews will be binned fairly quickly. They work in the NFL where crowds are noisy but nothing like as hostile as at football grounds. Imagine the reaction if Oliver had reviewed the Rodri incident and then stuck by his original decision? Eventually a ref is going to be struck by a hail of coins and all VAR decisions will be taken at Stockley

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.