Away tickets

Wrong. The term 'points whore' is usually used to describe someone who buys a ticket simply for the points and sells it at face value. Obviously that can't happen for away fixtures this season.

Thanks but I don't understand why the word 'whore' is used in any ticketing context or even why certain otherwise robust posters find it such a terrible term.

The other thing I cannot understand is why people should go to acquire as many as nine season tickets and pay out not an insignificant amount of money plus the buggering about with different names and addresses just to accumulate points to get a number of points for the high demand matches. Do they sell the high demand tickets at a profit?

If the tickets are really sold at face value there seems little point - so why don't these people just get their own ticket and let another eight people get their own in the normal way?

The club are aware that people have several season tickets, not in their own name for people who no longer go, even for people who have passed away. Many have high points with them although those cards are likely to be Over-65 category An 'amnesty' was considered for these people to surrender such season cards rather than the club just take them off them.

Thanks but I don't understand why the word 'whore' is used in any ticketing context or even why certain otherwise robust posters find it such a terrible term.

The other thing I cannot understand is why people should go to acquire as many as nine season tickets and pay out not an insignificant amount of money plus the buggering about with different names and addresses just to accumulate points to get a number of points for the high demand matches. Do they sell the high demand tickets at a profit?

If the tickets are really sold at face value there seems little point - so why don't these people just get their own ticket and let another eight people get their own in the normal way?

The club are aware that people have several season tickets, not in their own name for people who no longer go, even for people who have passed away. Many have high points with them although those cards are likely to be Over-65 category An 'amnesty' was considered for these people to surrender such season cards rather than the club just take them off them.

The term in it's most basic form comes from the view that the following has been rife amongst our support:
Person A on 25k points buys a ticket for Southampton away with no intention to go, but knows that it will not go down past 10k points - he has been asked by Person B on 8k points if Person A can get a ticket for Person B. Person A will not be making a profit for the ticket but will - in the old system - acquired 40 more loyalty points (if on Platinum).

This process happens throughout the season so that Person A is collecting points for every away game that they can get a ticket for, at least maintaining their position in the points ladder.

Person B and his mate Person C want to go to Old Trafford or Anfield. Person A can get a ticket as he's collected all these points despite not going to Newcastle midweek, and wants to go to this one so he does. Person C tells Person D that "Person A has been whoring his ticket out all season to Person B but has decided to go to the derby, the prick". Person C and D miss out on tickets for the derby and believe that there's thousands of people doing this and everyone who goes to the big games cannot possibly do all 19 away games in a season. They ignore the 40% of away tickets which may have been given to Lord McTouchesdogs and his party of 8 who have got a box this season, the Guantanamo Bay Supporters Branch, or Johnjo and his mates who's brother works in the ticket office somehow pocketed 6 tickets.

Person A ears are burning as they goes to the derby. Person A looks around in the away end and they're stood next to someone who doesn't know where Grey Mare Lane is, in the row in front has 3 men with bags from the United store.

... Now - Person A does exist, I know Person A does exist. But the amount of Person A's out there are massively exaggerated by Person's C and D.

The term in it's most basic form comes from the view that the following has been rife amongst our support:
Person A on 25k points buys a ticket for Southampton away with no intention to go, but knows that it will not go down past 10k points - he has been asked by Person B on 8k points if Person A can get a ticket for Person B. Person A will not be making a profit for the ticket but will - in the old system - acquired 40 more loyalty points (if on Platinum).

This process happens throughout the season so that Person A is collecting points for every away game that they can get a ticket for, at least maintaining their position in the points ladder.

Person B and his mate Person C want to go to Old Trafford or Anfield. Person A can get a ticket as he's collected all these points despite not going to Newcastle midweek, and wants to go to this one so he does. Person C tells Person D that "Person A has been whoring his ticket out all season to Person B but has decided to go to the derby, the prick". Person C and D miss out on tickets for the derby and believe that there's thousands of people doing this and everyone who goes to the big games cannot possibly do all 19 away games in a season. They ignore the 40% of away tickets which may have been given to Lord McTouchesdogs and his party of 8 who have got a box this season, the Guantanamo Bay Supporters Branch, or Johnjo and his mates who's brother works in the ticket office somehow pocketed 6 tickets.

Person A ears are burning as they goes to the derby. Person A looks around in the away end and they're stood next to someone who doesn't know where Grey Mare Lane is, in the row in front has 3 men with bags from the United store.

... Now - Person A does exist, I know Person A does exist. But the amount of Person A's out there are massively exaggerated by Person's C and D.
On what are you basing your last statement?

Gone down from 18k to 14k. Can we read that as maybe stopping awarding points for away games has helped those lower down the ladder getting to this one?.

Norwich away is usually fairly popular.
I think the main issue here is people keeping their powder dry for the Champs League. We could be away in Europe on the Tuesday or Wednesday after Norwich and that will be the favoured trip.

I assume he means "But the amount of Person A's out there are massively exaggerated by Person's C and D".

I totally agree with you by the way.

Ah ok. Well I wouldn't claim to know everyone who goes to City regularly but after 13 years of walking past pubs, through concourses and stood on terraces you tend to recognise faces. The people who went all the time under Pearce/Sven/Hughes are usually the same people who are going all the time now.

I do actually know a Person A. He's 27 and went all the time from being 17-23 and got in the top bracket. He then started living abroad for long stretches, he went travelling round the far East in Jan/Feb til May, his ticket was used every week and booked his flights home from travelling so he could go to Brighton away. But these examples are really few and far between.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.