Var debate 2019/20

What’s his role? Is he actually acting as the VAR official at PL games? Or is he just part of a team, is he just passing on his experiences ?

The Aussie is a VAR ref. He’s clearly done all the necessary training.

That said, I’m still waiting for Ryan Hall’s try to be given when England should have won an RL test in Australia. I’m not bitter lol

You refs always stick together mate lol.

We should have refs queuing up to be in the elite groups rather then be scraping the bottom of the barrel. I don’t mind people making genuine mistakes. It happens in every job but Swarbrick’s explanation of the non penalty on Rodri has seriously damaged the little confidence City fans had in our officials.

I wish the ex NRL Official well. I’m glad to hear he’s served his time in Australian football as well

I gather that Swarbrick doesn't have an extensive history as a referee.

Does anybody ( apart from possibly having a history of bribery/corruption ) know why he was appointed as Head of VAR seeing as he doesn't seem to be able to understand the rules as written ?

Sorry I've just checked and he has apparently officiated in 428 games across several leagues - which answers my own question.

He's a paid lackey and PiGMOL apologist

Last edited:

We should have refs queuing up to be in the elite groups rather then be scraping the bottom of the barrel. I don’t mind people making genuine mistakes. It happens in every job but Swarbrick’s explanation of the non penalty on Rodri has seriously damaged the little confidence City fans had in our officials.

I wish the ex NRL Official well. I’m glad to hear he’s served his time in Australian football as well
Correct. The main issue here is the false statements made by Swarbrick denying that mistakes were made. It is clear that VAR got both decisions wrong but what is worse is the cover-up. No one can possibly trust anyththing Swarbrick says from now on. We''ll never know what Michael Oliver thinks of what happened. He missed the penalty and got the Jesus goal right but both times his team let him down.

just correcting the 'facts' you stated tim, all of which were completely made up!

That's a very low bar. Have you seen ome of the 'champions' league refs we have had?

yep seen them and dont think there's any better than what we've got, hence my comment!

the fact you think it's a low bar is irrelevant, at the top level they're all of a similar standard and overall they get the vast majority of key match changing decisions (penalties and red cards) right.

yep seen them and dont think there's any better than what we've got, hence my comment!

the fact you think it's a low bar is irrelevant, at the top level they're all of a similar standard and overall they get the vast majority of key match changing decisions (penalties and red cards) right.
Nurse!

I gather that Swarbrick doesn't have an extensive history as a referee.

Does anybody ( apart from possibly having a history of bribery/corruption ) know why he was appointed as Head of VAR seeing as he doesn't seem to be able to understand the rules as written ?

Sorry I've just checked and he has apparently officiated in 428 games across several leagues - which answers my own question.

He's a paid lackey and PiGMOL apologist

I’ve pasted his wiki page and I see he is based in Preston. He’s got one of those Bolton rag accents (apologies to any Blues from Bolton).
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neil_Swarbrick

just correcting the 'facts' you stated tim, all of which were completely made up!

We had no ref at the Mean’s World Cup. Fact

The Aussie VAR ref has a history in the NRL. Fact

Statistically, the VAR decisions affecting City warrant an independent inquiry. My opinion.

Michael’s Oliver’s performance was a factor in serious crowd violence after Saturday’s game. Everyone makes mistakes but Swarbrick’s subsequent interviews suggests a cover up.

We had no ref at the Mean’s World Cup. Fact

The Aussie VAR ref has a history in the NRL. Fact

Statistically, the VAR decisions affecting City warrant an independent inquiry. My opinion.

Michael’s Oliver’s performance was a factor in serious crowd violence after Saturday’s game. Everyone makes mistakes but Swarbrick’s subsequent interviews suggests a cover up.

we had no ref...i explained this to you...quite simple no?

i'm really not sure the aussie ref has any history with any other sport than football

ref performance is factor in crowd violence? give over man, i was as pissed off at the ending as anyone but if anyone became violent after the game it's on them

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.