Blues guitar

Saddleworth2

as a result of a recent trip to Ireland, I have reacquainted myself with that exceptional guitarist Rory Gallagher (they have just released a quadruple album of his work called Blues). My god he was just so good. So natural and a true great. I would put him up there with Clapton in terms of his feel for the blues, his technique is pretty amazing too. So who is the best ever? BB King? John Lee Hooker? Muddy Waters? Clapton? Gallagher? I’m talking blues here, not general rock. What do others think?

as a result of a recent trip to Ireland, I have reacquainted myself with that exceptional guitarist Rory Gallagher (they have just released a quadruple album of his work called Blues). My god he was just so good. So natural and a true great. I would put him up there with Clapton in terms of his feel for the blues, his technique is pretty amazing too. So who is the best ever? BB King? John Lee Hooker? Muddy Waters? Clapton? Gallagher? I’m talking blues here, not general rock. What do others think?
Astonishing live, his albums, except Irish Tour ‘74, don’t do him justice.

Does Seasick Steve count?

So do you count Page or is he in the rock category. First two Zep albums are some of the best blues guitar I’ve heard.

I love Gallagher’s guitar but never liked his voice. Same goes for Stevie Ray Vaughn. If I had to pick a solo guitarist who was purely blues it would probably be Joe Bonamassa

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.