Premier League Games 23/24/25 August

Should the keeper have done better there?
I think so, I said last week that I think Kepa is a very poor goalkeeper. Today he’s conceded two, one through his legs and and the other from a tight angle that he probably should have closed down.

Poor defending by the Chelsea centre back though

Why indeed?
He looked onside except for this stupid fucking rule about his shoulder, Pukki was leaning forward whereas the Chelsea defender was leaning away from goal.

I think that was really close so considering all goals are checked then doesn’t make sense that they didn’t show the lines.

This match is not playing well for those that say “VAR will be applied equally to all teams and therefore we will make up these questionable calls over the course of the season.”

It is only Norwich, not Liverpool, Spurs, or United, of course, but if VAR were being used in the same way as it has been with us, there would have been a two minute delay on each of Norwich goals to make sure Pukki was onside for both, with microanalysis of the offside line to show yay or nay.

Mount is nearly 1.5 year older than Foden.

But Mount has also much more experience. He played a full season at Derby on loan where he started 38 games out of 46 he was a regular for them. Then before that spent a full season at Vitesse where he scored 14 goals its Dutch League but at that time he was 18 only so pretty good imo.

So last two season in a much lower level but he started nearly 70 league games and some cup games.

Foden started 3 league games for City last two seasons.(!) and around 150 minutes worth as subs game time.
But did feature bit more in cup games, Carabao, Fa, CL.

Still way off in terms of pure game time to Mount and that certainly gives Mount an advantage in terms of simply playing games vs adults unlike all their previous youth games and PL reserves games.

Imo that s a good way what Chelsea did with this young player, send him out Vitesse where he impressed, then again on loan to a team that played attacking football and a friendly coach like Lampard at Derby and then bring him back and give him chance. And he repaid that with 2 goals already.

I would like us to send more younger players within England Champo and some PL clubs.

This match is not playing well for those that say “VAR will be applied equally to all teams and therefore we will make up these questionable calls over the course of the season.”

It is only Norwich, not Liverpool, Spurs, or United, of course, but if VAR were being used in the same way as it has been with us, there would have been a two minute delay on each of Norwich goals to make sure Pukki was onside for both, with microanalysis of the offside line to show yay or nay.

the last goal was checked by VAR -all goals will be checked regardless

Or the way it was with the scum v wolves game where they were desperate to get the Wolves player offside for the equaliser.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.