Var debate 2019/20

Yeah they review it and there were no case for clear and obvious mistake. van dijk pushed Gundozi but his shirt was pulled by other Arsenal player so that balances each other out for me.

Paranoia about Var will make some City fans end up in very poor state until end of season.

But if they did cheat with this one MAtip goal, then it means Arsenal is one of the clubs that VAR will try to kill. Why is that? lol
Hmm Laporte having his shirt tugged which MAY have resulted in the handball, where's our balance?

Not according to PGMOL or even Mark Halsey (who as I say isn’t the normal “never disagree with a ref” type).
There used to be two quite distinct refereeing cliques. One led by graham “crack down early on” poll. The other led by Howard “let the game flow” Webb. If either of them was commenting on a decision or performance by one of their clique they were very supportive, but critical of refs from the other clique.

I don’t know if that exists nowadays but you wouldn’t want the VAR official to be from the opposite clique to the ref.

It’s funny , you watch the other games & it’s like VAR is not plugged in , we turn up & its
Iike......” right boys let’s roll”, every minute detail scrutinised.
That's exactly what the brother in law (rag)text me before, convinced Pl, refs have it in for them, yes he actually said that. I have to admit I'd of put every last penny I have on them getting at least two pens today, Var shafted them. As simple as that.

[QUOTE="AlfGreyruinedmyday, post: 12006275, member: 10814"
Furthermore, I sense a creep towards the American football situation where a sixty minute game takes three hours to complete.[/QUOTE]
Excellent post.. and this last para is something I have suspected for a few years now.keep the punters in their plastic seats ,in the ground for longer ..expose them to commercial opportunities for longer. .and as this var thing takes a real grip on our game..bt/sky are just taking a very break quick while ref awaits a var decision. .we 'll be right back"
you couldnt get a more prime time advertising spot. ..think of the betting activity going on in the interlude too.
Football will Eat Itself.

Well well but they still ruled it out

PL bosses have admitted VAR is constrained by technology when determining offside. Sterling was 2.4cm offside against West Ham despite running so fast he moved 13cm between frames. It was also often impossible to judge the precise moment the ball was played. [@MailSport]

The 50 frames-per-second footage used by VAR meant officials could not be definitive on the most marginal offsides. [@MailSport]

Change the fucking rule then

FIFA are probing the possibility of binning linesmen - and replacing them with robots. If the findings from FIFA's VAR bigwigs prove that technology can be beneficial and perfectly accurate, the offside flag could become a thing of history. [@MirrorFootball]

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.