United thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just watched the first half.

Jesus.

They are exactly as bad as you'd think a team with Jesse Lingard as the #10 would be.

The fact that Solskjaer watched them pass the ball in a horseshoe around the Palace box for so much of the first half is probably the biggest indictment of his ability so far.

He had Mata and Pereira on the bench, who aren't world class but can at least pass a ball and help unlock a defence, they had Matic, who could have come on and let you move Pogba forward to look for a miracle pass.

He is a genuinely shit manager, by far their worst since Ferguson left.

This made me chuckle from RedCafe ...

redmanx Full Member
The negativity here is mind blowing; yes, we lost to Palace at home, no, things are not good enough often enough, but its not even September and already people want Olly out, some seem to want Moyes back ffs! There is no way the board will remove Olly in the foreseeable future, 5 managers in less than 10 years is simply NOT the way Manchester United operates so Im afraid those of you want him out will have to put up with it, or you could simply not go to matches or switch allegiance to City or Liverpool where theres probably a better chance of winning silver ware.
******* hell, He certainly is a MEMBER!

This made me chuckle from RedCafe ...

redmanx Full Member
The negativity here is mind blowing; yes, we lost to Palace at home, no, things are not good enough often enough, but its not even September and already people want Olly out, some seem to want Moyes back ffs! There is no way the board will remove Olly in the foreseeable future, 5 managers in less than 10 years is simply NOT the way Manchester United operates so Im afraid those of you want him out will have to put up with it, or you could simply not go to matches or switch allegiance to City or Liverpool where theres probably a better chance of winning silver ware.
But sacking managers IS the new them,they must be in denial lol

I honestly thought they'd fuck him off in the summer after the horrendous finish to last season. I think even most rags deep down wanted it too.

No way will he last if they continue on a shit run even this early.

I'm revisiting a conversation i had with a Rag around 2012. I could see what was happening concerning us, and i could see what effect it was having on them. Old red nose himself was changing they way they did things just to try and stop us. Suddenly the cups became more important to him (so we didn't win them), which meant the league games suffered.

I mentioned that a long period of domination by us, could end in a death spiral for them. I was quoted the oft mention phrase that they were "too big to fail".
My reasoning was that they "had" to keep being successful or the debts could swallow them up. That they relied to much on one person (GPC), and him leaving could leave a vacuum that couldn't be filled. Lastly, young supporters don't care about history, they just support whoever is successful at the time.

I didn't really think they could fail, but i have been enjoying these years of the "gift that keeps on giving".
Each year i keep thinking maybe the gift is going, only for it to resurface after a few games.
They have no short term plan. They have no long term plan. Their sponsorship income is dependent on success.

So "are" they too big to fail?
Too big to fail? Just like

Kodak
General Motors
Toys R Us
Pan Am
Blockbuster

All huge companies who dominated their markets, rested on their laurels thinking they were too big to fail, failed to innovate and adapt to the change in their markets and failed to keep up with newer companies which entered the market and existing companies which did adapt to change. All those companies then started to throw money about just to keep up and all of they eventually failed and went under

Sounds familiar?

Too big to fail? Just like

Kodak
General Motors
Toys R Us
Pan Am
Blockbuster

All huge companies who dominated their markets, rested on their laurels thinking they were too big to fail, failed to innovate and adapt to the change in their markets and failed to keep up with newer companies which entered the market and existing companies which did adapt to change. All those companies then started to throw money about just to keep up and all of they eventually failed and went under

Sounds familiar?
The reason they failed is because people stopped going/buying/using the company. United will always have moron sheep willing to plough their money in.

They are exactly as bad as you'd think a team with Jesse Lingard as the #10 would be.

The fact that Solskjaer watched them pass the ball in a horseshoe around the Palace box for so much of the first half is probably the biggest indictment of his ability so far.

He had Mata and Pereira on the bench, who aren't world class but can at least pass a ball and help unlock a defence, they had Matic, who could have come on and let you move Pogba forward to look for a miracle pass.

They will be looking back on Louis' days as a golden period if this keeps up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.