City's New Kits - 2019/20

Read this from somebody who lives in the UAE
https://www.independent.co.uk/voice...ights-east-west-divide-language-a7856746.html

Laws say may things across the world but are not enforced (the laws in this country were not very much different up until recently).

To say the UAE treat LGBTQ people ‘absolutely horrifically’ is bollocks, horrifically’ is bollocks, LGBTQ in this country are still beaten and and in some cases murdered because they are ‘gay LGBTQ in this country are still beaten and and in some cases murdered because they are ‘gay’.

So before making sweeping statements ‘have a fucking word with yourself’.

Anyhow, love all the kits, even the third one :)

I think the argument is the punishment a homosexual could potentially face from the state because it's considered a crime. You are trying to use an argument that some private citizen commiting an act against another is the same as a nation state punishing one for being homosexual. It's a false argument.

I think the argument is the punishment a homosexual could potentially face from the state because it's considered a crime. You are trying to use an argument that some private citizen commiting an act against another is the same as a nation state punishing one for being homosexual. It's a false argument.

That was not my argument.
My point was the original poster made a sweeping statement that was nonsense in that they were saying people could and would get executed for being gay, I posted the article from somebody who actually lived there to state that was not and has never been the case.
My point about people who are gay being beaten and even murdered in this country was that a person can still be victimised in our society because of their sexuality and as I said in a later post, change takes time and it was not that long ago being gay carried a prison sentence here, and as many attitudes have changed here, eventually they would in the UAE.
We in the west constantly wish to impose our values/culture on other societies and whilst we want to be seen as so much more progressive than other states/nations we forget our own recent history.
Anyhow this is a discussion for elsewhere on this forum.

My point was the original poster made a sweeping statement that was nonsense in that they were saying people could and would get executed for being gay, I posted the article from somebody who actually lived there to state that was not and has never been the case.
My point about people who are gay being beaten and even murdered in this country was that a person can still be victimised in our society because of their sexuality and as I said in a later post, change takes time and it was not that long ago being gay carried a prison sentence here, and as many attitudes have changed here, eventually they would in the UAE.
We in the west constantly wish to impose our values/culture on other societies and whilst we want to be seen as so much more progressive than other states/nations we forget our own recent history.
Good post and a good place to get back on topic.

Fair enough. I was just confused I suppose because the talk went from the UAE's official position to civilians in the UK beating homosexuals. Thank you for explaining it

As far as the kits go I like home and away. Away is my and my 2 daughters favourites.

Keep well.

Jesus! ..is this the new kit thread or what?

So I ‘registered my interest’ in the 125 anniversary kit several weeks ago.
It’s available from next Thursday iirc?
Does my registered interest mean anything or is it a free for all on Thursday?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.