Bournemouth (A) Post Match Thread

Excellent performance from the lads. Just Laporte given the free kick away just before half time and Ota’s chest control to worry about. I thought we would have a bit more vocal support tbf but we do get a very small allocation at Bournemouth!

Thought that the old ‘law of averages’ might have reared it’s ugly head today. Our record against them over the last few years has been impeccable, so I was fearing a draw if not an actual defeat. In the end, my concerns were absolutely groundless. Not at our best but had a gear or two in hand if we needed them. Rodri is proving to be some signing and brought such control to the midfield when he came on. Merlin imperious. I’ll cry all next summer when he goes!

city well under par today
KDB playing in deeper role did not work and until the swap of Gudogan for Rodri then city started to find there feet, also the dry pitch did not help and a trick many use to slow city down with the ball not zipping around and slow in coming on, but that's out of city control away from home and we all know dirty trick some play when to trying to stop city

city and pep in game mode today and forget the great football and passing just get the points and move on, simple football and a nice warm day and a result JOB DONE

Don't know how to highlight, but which stonewall penalty did the rags not get. The Martial one which starts outside the box (free kick), or Rashford one where fell because running to quick and turning

Rag or not, The martial one was as blatant as it gets mate, moreso than both of ours which were also blatant. The Pulling starts outside the box but carries on into the box, he clearly pulls him back as he shoots and distrusts his attempt, therefore obvious penalty. (Unless that law has changed without me noticing?) The Rashford one isn’t even questionable he fell over

Excellent performance from the lads. Just Laporte given the free kick away just before half time and Ota’s chest control to worry about. I thought we would have a bit more vocal support tbf but we do get a very small allocation at Bournemouth!
It was a risky challenge from Laport, but I think he nailed it and was wrongly punished. The referee then wrongly allowed the freekick to be taken from the wrong position which allowed their player to get the ball up and down over the wall. Then, at 2-1 turned over a legitimate penalty shout.

A couple of mistakes, which could have been costly, but in reality we could/should have been out of sight.

It's early doors, but we are moving in the right direction despite teams (and officials) upping their game against us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.