Bournemouth (A) Post Match Thread

Roll on the winter when it pisses down with rain and we don't have to bother whether clubs water the pitch or not. Charlie Daniels' injury was caused by that dry pitch too.

Every ball held up and we couldn't get our flow, although we help ourselves at times either.

Must be better

Poor performance for me, so a good 3 points, some of our decision making today was terrible, we could have been down to 9 men before we scored, Walker's first tackle is a booking in most games, and Ederson was reckless for his, no attempt to get the ball (see decision making), other referee's might have shown red, luckily mariner is useless. I could see why he didn't give the penalty, as at full speed I thought it was a dive, but how VAR doesn't over turn that I've no idea, the player is nowhere near the ball.

Sergio and David Silva still match winners 7 seasons on from "that" game, we'll miss them when they've gone.

I wonder what goes on in Walker's head at times. The first one on it's own could have been a red, plus he almost crippled De Bruyne too. With the crowd still wound up about that one he does the second.

Bournemouth just spoilt the game though and it was effective, fouls, going down all over the pitch so they could launch it. Strange game, we obviously bossed it possession wise bit they could easily have scored three more goals which is a worry. Better teams will score them. It needs sorting and quick.

Poor performance for me, so a good 3 points, some of our decision making today was terrible, we could have been down to 9 men before we scored, Walker's first tackle is a booking in most games, and Ederson was reckless for his, no attempt to get the ball (see decision making), other referee's might have shown red, luckily mariner is useless. I could see why he didn't give the penalty, as at full speed I thought it was a dive, but how VAR doesn't over turn that I've no idea, the player is nowhere near the ball.

Sergio and David Silva still match winners 7 seasons on from "that" game, we'll miss them when they've gone.

Yes Kyle was lucky and although Ederson made a poor decision I think it would have been harsh to send him off but yes on another day we could have been in real trouble.

Serg 8 years on is still scoring the crucial goals and like no other at the club seems to hit them in the most important of matches on a regular basis. It will be a huge loss when he leaves as will Silva for his creativity and ability to dictate a game but I think we are better equipped to cope with Foden, KDB and Bernardo ready to pick up the baton.

I think we avoided a potential banana skin today as Bournemouth looked up for it and were quite physical. So happy overall even if not at our fluent best.

Last edited:
Excellent performance from the lads. Just Laporte given the free kick away just before half time and Ota’s chest control to worry about. I thought we would have a bit more vocal support tbf but we do get a very small allocation at Bournemouth!
They sung their heart out. Came across loud n' proud on TV.

Well supported blues.

Good win but i thought we were rubbish today.
KDB, Zinchenko, Otamendi and Laporte all had stinkers and Walker looked like a walking red card.
Too many errors and I wish to hell we would stop conceding to set pieces every week it's Ridicluous.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.