Taking kids to City game

Far too young in my opinion. But other people will tell you they did it and it was fine. Ultimately, it's a decision you'll have to make for yourself.

Took mine when they 2.5 as both nagged me to take them. Take plenty of snacks, drinks etc and visit the toilet before the game and half time

Not sure if it's comparable but I took my son to his first match at Camp Nou at 6 - he loved it. At 5, I thought it was still a lot to take in much less follow a match for 90+ minutes. Depends on the child in the end as well as the atmosphere. Most matches in Spain are late at night so I try to stick to earlier kickoffs too - problem is schedule for matches can change last minute

I was 7 when I went, when my lad was young 4/5 took him to some reserve games to try him out. Had to wait another couple of years for him to be ready for a first team game.

My 2 year old is coming to her first game next month, really because I’ve run out of babysitters and my wife had to work.

My 9, 7 and 5 year old all have season tickets with me so reckon she’ll be fine as they’ll help if needed. I think for a while you have to accept that smaller kids won’t be enthralled for a couple of hours but will enjoy bits of the experience. For the rest of the time I’ve taken sticker books and they’re happy enough.

The three older ones now watch the whole thing and count down the days to home games. I think that’s really helped too with them getting out to other things, I’ve had my 7 year old for a full day at the cricket and he loved it, I think a lot of that was because he knows how sports events work - that if he watches he gets a lot out of it and he’s not going to get an ice cream or hot dog every 20 minutes.

If she already sits glued to the Tv, watching City games for 2 hours , she is ready, if not take her to a ladies game, she won't know the difference.

They are a pain in the arse under about 8 . They get bored so they just kick the seat in front of them, usually with me sitting in it. They are constantly up and down. They ruin the match for whoever they are with and anyone sat within 3 seats of them either way. Get a babysitter.

Be careful what you wish for would be my advice.

If she's old enough to enjoy it, you'll be pestered into taking more often. Soon becomes a very expensive habit, one that I've not managed to kick for 40 years!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.