Local teams in the FA Cup 4th Qualifying round 19/10 (page 5)

Northwich vics is the original team who play at Witton Albion’s Central Park 1874 are the break away team who flit between Winsford and Barnton with their games
I thought Vics shared with Witton Albion at Wincham Park - or is that another name for Central Park?

So what is the beef between the two clubs?
What crowds do each attract? Are 1874 looking to get back into the town? Surely the town cant sustain 3 clubs?
1874 see themselves as the people’s community club all 3 still seem to attract the same 1000 - 1500 fans between them 1874 were looking to go into the FA centre of excellence when it was being built in Northwich whether they still will now it’s going to Winsford I don’t know whether the fans will stand that.

Central Park was demolished and is now Sainsbury's. I was in there yesterday as they are selling Standard vodka at £12, a pound cheaper than Morrisons. The only hint of the old ground is the name "Central Road", where it was. The local derby Vics v Witton (and vice versa) was usually held at Xmas time (both were in the old Cheshire League), and has seen crowds of 10,000 plus - that was in the late forties when spectators watched most clubs in huge numbers.

Central Park was demolished and is now Sainsbury's. I was in there yesterday as they are selling Standard vodka at £12, a pound cheaper than Morrisons. The only hint of the old ground is the name "Central Road", where it was. The local derby Vics v Witton (and vice versa) was usually held at Xmas time (both were in the old Cheshire League), and has seen crowds of 10,000 plus - that was in the late forties when spectators watched most clubs in huge numbers.
I saw City play at Central Park v Witton in a testimonial in the late 80's or early 90's.
Went to Vics quite a few times as a bloke I worked with was from the town and at the time lived in Sale where I did too. If City weren't playing i would go with him on the train to Northwich. Great pies at The Drill Field!
One game I went to was Kettering away first game of the season in the days when 20 fans went on the team bus to subsidise travel costs. Gordon Hill was playing for Vics then.

I saw City play at Central Park v Witton in a testimonial in the late 80's or early 90's.
Went to Vics quite a few times as a bloke I worked with was from the town and at the time lived in Sale where I did too. If City weren't playing i would go with him on the train to Northwich. Great pies at The Drill Field!
One game I went to was Kettering away first game of the season in the days when 20 fans went on the team bus to subsidise travel costs. Gordon Hill was playing for Vics then.
Was he a moron close up?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.