Bury fans club AFC start a new life in NWCL

Bury are not the first and wont be the last badly-run club to fold. You can go back centuries if you want but in the last 50 years you have seen Accrington, Halifax, Chester, Wimbledon and many more clubs collapse. That has got nothing to do with the success of the Premier League. There are lots of flourishing small clubs being well run like Salford City, Fylde, Fleetwood to name a few in our region.
City were lucky to survive under Swales and after Thaksin but you cant compare us to Bury as we were always a prime target for a takeover. If you knew the background of Bury's owner you would not be surprised at what has happened. I do feel sorry for their fans but believe they will re-form and rise again.
Salford Fylde and Fleetwood are all “well run” in that they are funded by individuals or consortiums to a level well above their income through ticket sales.

Salford Fylde and Fleetwood are all “well run” in that they are funded by individuals or consortiums to a level well above their income through ticket sales.
Ok but they seem to have long-term strategies that will move them forward backed by sensible investment. Surely this is not an issue if they invest wisely and manage their debts. But when you look at Bury, and especially Bolton, they have just been run into oblivion. There are always risks involved in managing any business but what has happened at these two clubs is just madness.

I`ve been saying it for years and I firmly believe the only way forward for all existing FL Teams is to revert back to the old North & South Leagues.
The costings saved on just one area, transport over a season, may not seem much to you or I,but in the grand scheme of things multiply those numbers by 23 and how the fuck do teams from the bottom two tiers of the EFL even exist.
If the Football League are stupid enough to think otherwise then they are fucking morons.

Yes. Hartlepool going to Plymouth or Torquay in January only to find it's postponed is a few motorways too far.

Bury are not the first and wont be the last badly-run club to fold. You can go back centuries if you want but in the last 50 years you have seen Accrington, Halifax, Chester, Wimbledon and many more clubs collapse. That has got nothing to do with the success of the Premier League. There are lots of flourishing small clubs being well run like Salford City, Fylde, Fleetwood to name a few in our region.
City were lucky to survive under Swales and after Thaksin but you cant compare us to Bury as we were always a prime target for a takeover. If you knew the background of Bury's owner you would not be surprised at what has happened. I do feel sorry for their fans but believe they will re-form and rise again.

Makin and Wardle saved us helped by the loyalty of our fans. David Bernstein did a good job as Chairman at a crucial time. Luck didn’t really come into it IMHO. We earn the win vs Gillingham, albeit it in exciting, last gasp circumstances.

They were pretty much the opposite of the last 2 owners of Bury. Our guys were football people and business men. Bury’s owners were / are asset strippers.

I`ve been saying it for years and I firmly believe the only way forward for all existing FL Teams is to revert back to the old North & South Leagues.
The costings saved on just one area, transport over a season, may not seem much to you or I,but in the grand scheme of things multiply those numbers by 23 and how the fuck do teams from the bottom two tiers of the EFL even exist.
If the Football League are stupid enough to think otherwise then they are fucking morons.
Agreed - It is the same in the conference.... Barrow v Torquay or Gateshead v Bromley..... How do they survive?
We need the PL and the Championship and then 3 leagues below it - northern, midlands and southern.
Six down from the championship and 2 up from each regional division (one each via play off or 4th, 5th, 6th bottom play the runners up in each league (the one nearest to them geographically)
Could be an issue if say Charlton Fulham and Millwall all finished bottom 3 but the most northernly team in the southern division would have to join the midlands league and most northernly midland team to join the northern league

It’s a real shame for the supporters, and I do believe that more money should roll downhill from the premier league, but how do you ensure it doesn’t end up in the pockets of shysters?

I think it’s time the football league demanded a bond from all their clubs, and certainly from any prospective owners. A significant sum, say £10m -£20m would keep these ten bob millionaires out of the game, and the interest ploughed back in to grass roots football.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.