Are you glad we binned the Latin motto?

Pride in battle...

Pride in battle when Vassell used to miss kick the ball 4 yards away from goal.

I used to fucking curse that motto.

wasn't an eagle, it was a gryphon, and the "new badge" is boring and banal. A graphic of the gasometer would be more appropriate than a fkin sailing ship. Tbh, when the country is about to selfdestruct, my worries over a slogan for a football club will have to be filed under "pending". :)
The ship is probably the most important symbol (along with the worker bee) with regards to Manchester as it represents Manchester’s trade with the rest of the world.

Especially when you think that we built the Manchester Ship Canal (also the 125th anniversary of the MSC this year too!) which was two-fingers stuck up at Liverpool as they kept increasing tariffs on the movement of goods by canal and train that came into that city that our city needed.

Those ships could then bypass Liverpool and come straight to Manchester and the city didn’t have to pay tariffs to Liverpool anymore. It was basically the end of Liverpool as an important city, whereas Manchester held its head high as the British Empire came into its greatest extent.

Last edited by a moderator:
images
I miss this though.

I can see it's not a popular view on here, but I much preferred the eagle/stars badge.

If we want to appeal to new young fans, and increase our appeal outside Manchester, then eagles & stars & latin mottos about going into battle, are exactly what we want.

And a boat & a flower/rose ... and the colours yellow & red... are exactly what you don't want.

I think the new badge was a step backwards, for where this club is now trying to reach/ position itself.

Arsenal have a cannon, Chelsea have an eagle, United have Satan ... and we have a flower & a boat trundling up the canal.

I think we're missing the point of what a badge is meant to be - exciting and "up for battle".

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.