Do Tourists ruin sight seeing trips ?

I have FOUR bikes, BMR! Two leccies, a hybrid and a carbon racer. The two leccies allow me to get up to Owd Bett's and beyond, Blackstone Edge and the harder way up Cragg Vale, that the carbon one wouldn't. I've no idea whether the prescription drugs help or hinder!
Lol. Two leccies is enough reason to change your username to Lance Voltstrong mate; )

Just finding it a drag to go and see some real wonderful sights ruined by so many others tourists fighting to have selfies with their massive sticks - recent trip to Paris, Eiffel Tower was so packed. Could barely move and had to wait nearly an hour for lift to top and it was a squeeze to even look out - Mona Lisa painting - you get about 10 seconds to go and see it during which everyone is fighting for space to have selfies, Rome - Trevvi fountain we couldn’t even get near as hundreds of people tripping over themselves.
Maybe I’m just getting older and miserable.
Avoid places like these at all costs during the peak seasons. Generally speaking, you can enjoy these kind of cities in any weather.

Not much help to you now, but we visited Rome in early January and there were hardly any tourists around at all.

Just finding it a drag to go and see some real wonderful sights ruined by so many others tourists fighting to have selfies with their massive sticks - recent trip to Paris, Eiffel Tower was so packed. Could barely move and had to wait nearly an hour for lift to top and it was a squeeze to even look out - Mona Lisa painting - you get about 10 seconds to go and see it during which everyone is fighting for space to have selfies, Rome - Trevvi fountain we couldn’t even get near as hundreds of people tripping over themselves.
Maybe I’m just getting older and miserable.

There is a theory in Sustainable Tourism circles that the only good tourist is the one that stays at home.

Yes they do, just like City ruin football matches ... :-)

The worst part is not tourists per se but groups of 20 or 30 of the fuckers taking ridiculous selfies and getting in everyone else's way....!

I have FOUR bikes, BMR! Two leccies, a hybrid and a carbon racer. The two leccies allow me to get up to Owd Bett's and beyond, Blackstone Edge and the harder way up Cragg Vale, that the carbon one wouldn't. I've no idea whether the prescription drugs help or hinder!

You use a leccy bike for Cragg and Blackstone!!! That's fucking cheating you foc........

You use a leccy bike for Cragg and Blackstone!!! That's fucking cheating you foc........

I make it worse 'cos there's always a few roadies on the way home to Yorkshire, sweat dripping off 'em, down at the arse end of the gears and I'm in fourth gear with Turbo leccy selected, and as I pass 'em at 14.9mph, I turn and say "Oooh, this is a tough 'un!'

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.