Var debate 2019/20

V.a.r. is, at the moment, purely a tool to try & fuck up the enjoyment of football.

Pretty much nothing enforced by it, including the men's & women's world cups, has brought anything but
disagreement & to many, disappointment.

Most of its decisions are either shit, unfair or non existent. Red card instances are not acted upon, rules are not observed, nothing it does has any credibility, apart from goal line decisions.

It exists, purely to give excuses for its existence & serves no purpose in aiding football decision making.

It's as useful as hemorroids.

Unfair on hemorrhoid's as their existence can at least be used to check for early bowl cancer diagnosis, what side benefit to existence does var offer in its current guise?

I don't subscribe to the bent against City theory but I am struggling to see how VAR spots our handball but not Newcastle's. Dermot shrugging and saying Var just missed Newcastle's handball actually made me want to punch him in the face!

Of course it missed it, they don't microscopically examine goals that teams score if it has no bearing on the title race

Exactly mate, the Newcastle one is clear as day. It’s not intentional at all as it comes off the defenders head on to his arm, however it then falls directly to the Newcastle player to score. Dermot tried claiming it wasn’t visible in real-time and from the camera angles VAR saw and that they weren’t “looking for handball”, absolute bollocks. Laporte’s wasn’t visible in real-time and I’ve still not seen conclusive proof it even hit Laporte’s arm/hand.

It’s as clear proof as anyone could ever wish to see of corruption in the game.

Exactly I will never accept the it was right to disallow the Jesus goal They examined the goal to find something to disallow it for, because it was for City. As it stands they have stolen 2 points off us which is exactly the agenda of liverpool fc winning the PL Nobody saw the Laporte's "handball" yet they found it, wheres the Newcastle one was clear on first viewing

Exactly I will never accept the it was right to disallow the Jesus goal They examined the goal to find something to disallow it for, because it was for City. As it stands they have stolen 2 points off us which is exactly the agenda of liverpool fc winning the PL Nobody saw the Laporte's "handball" yet they found it, wheres the Newcastle one was clear on first viewing
That's a great shout mate, you worded it to a T.

4th game of the season out of the way, and yes there are still controversies, but more decisions are right than last season I'm pretty certain of that. I thought it would be MORE controversial than this due to the ref's stopping the game too much. But they've let the games flow ok, and diving seems to be really cracked down on.

I'd like to see more pitchside use of the monitors but understand we'd be getting out of the ground on a 3pm kick-off at 5.30pm if it was used like that in a top 4 match. :S

I think they're going to decide on using screens for the refs when we come back from the break.

It's not sustainable as it is at the moment and my god if LFC are hit by this shit there will be a meltdown starting with their pundits - spreading to their neutral pundit m8s and the newspapers that support Liverpool

I think they're going to decide on using screens for the refs when we come back from the break.

It's not sustainable as it is at the moment and my god if LFC are hit by this shit there will be a meltdown starting with their pundits - spreading to their neutral pundit m8s and the newspapers that support Liverpool

And that is why they will not be hit by it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.