Bundesliga 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. Gutted really because it would have been great to be there to see them beat Dortmund, particularly as I was expecting them to get beat 8-0!

Some atmosphere, even only on the telly.

I’m off to watch Dynamo Berlin Vs Hertha II later today

Oh, lucky you, I missed out on going to the Jahn-Sportpark the other year, when Dynamo's the first round DFB-Pokal match vs Cologne had to be played at the Olympiastadion.

Union Berlin got their first ever Bundesliga win yesterday. Against Dortmund....

Dortmund is such a mess when it comes to playing "no name" opponents, happened last season all the time that they didnt show up against supposedly weaker opponents as well.
They can improve their squad as much as they want if they dont fix their attitude.

That's it. Even though Bayern have one of their weakest teams in a while, they beat the struggling teams more often than not, and that won them the title. The challengers always seem to struggle for consistency, and drop silly points. Wolfsburg were looking good, but could only manage a draw against Paderborn yesterday.

Dynamo lost 3-1 at home to Hertha II yesterday even though Hertha had 10 men for around 55mins

I bought a t-shirt as a souvenir which indirectly got me free drinks at another bar - the barman took pity on me as I had a ‘racist’ shirt on so gave us a free round. He was right, there is definitely a racist undertone at the ground and given they are now playing in the whitest, most middle-class area of Berlin they apparently double down on their ‘identity’

Dynamo lost 3-1 at home to Hertha II yesterday even though Hertha had 10 men for around 55mins

I bought a t-shirt as a souvenir which indirectly got me free drinks at another bar - the barman took pity on me as I had a ‘racist’ shirt on so gave us a free round. He was right, there is definitely a racist undertone at the ground and given they are now playing in the whitest, most middle-class area of Berlin they apparently double down on their ‘identity’
Old Stasi club if I remember rightly.

Their fanscene has a large hooligan element and is considered to be extremely right wing. They were involved in a lot of trouble in the early 90s with one of their own fans (Mike Polley) getting killed by a police bullet.

Their fanscene has a large hooligan element and is considered to be extremely right wing. They were involved in a lot of trouble in the early 90s with one of their own fans (Mike Polley) getting killed by a police bullet.

I’ll have a look at that, thanks

Booked a trip to Bratislava, Prague and Dresden in a couple of weeks, instead of going to Shakhtar for the 3rd time in 3 years.

Slovan Bratislava v Besiktas (if I can get in - theres a stadium ban at the minute)
Bohemians (Prague) v Fastav Zlin.
Chemnitz v Carl Zeiss Jena
Dynamo Dresden v Jahn Regensburg
Sparta Praha v Slavia Praha

Chemnitz (formerly Karl Marx Stadt) is twinned with Manchester, and they play in sky blue. As a result they were often the team I'd select to control on Championship Manager, so I'm looking forward to going to a game. Its bottom versus second bottom at the moment, but it is an East German derby of sorts. Hoping for a good atmosphere.

I believe Chemnitz have been in the press this season for sacking their captain after he "openly displayed" sympathy with a neo-nazi group (amongst other things he shouldn't have done previously). Their fans are also very right wing - theres a fan group called HooRaNa (Hooligans, Racists, Nazis), so I probably wont be joining in with the chants for this one.

Looking forward to visiting Dresden though. I'd say it is the last "big" German city I haven't been to before.

Booked a trip to Bratislava, Prague and Dresden in a couple of weeks, instead of going to Shakhtar for the 3rd time in 3 years.

Slovan Bratislava v Besiktas (if I can get in - theres a stadium ban at the minute)
Bohemians (Prague) v Fastav Zlin.
Chemnitz v Carl Zeiss Jena
Dynamo Dresden v Jahn Regensburg
Sparta Praha v Slavia Praha

Chemnitz (formerly Karl Marx Stadt) is twinned with Manchester, and they play in sky blue. As a result they were often the team I'd select to control on Championship Manager, so I'm looking forward to going to a game. Its bottom versus second bottom at the moment, but it is an East German derby of sorts. Hoping for a good atmosphere.

I believe Chemnitz have been in the press this season for sacking their captain after he "openly displayed" sympathy with a neo-nazi group (amongst other things he shouldn't have done previously). Their fans are also very right wing - theres a fan group called HooRaNa (Hooligans, Racists, Nazis), so I probably wont be joining in with the chants for this one.

Looking forward to visiting Dresden though. I'd say it is the last "big" German city I haven't been to before.

Dresden is a lovely city. Unfortunately, it was raining the day I visited it, so I didn’t see it at its best.

Old Stasi club if I remember rightly.

I think any team in the former Communist bloc that had the prefix Dynamo was a team of the authorities / secret police. Booing and giving such teams shit at games was a legitimate way of abusing the regime ! Similar to the way the Basques abused Real Madrid - as they still do today - as a proxy for hurling abuse at Franco.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.