Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bayern Munich have hinted that their bid for Leroy Sane failed over wage demands. There has been a suspicion that Sane used Bayern to get a better deal out of City, or trying to sell himself to the highest bidder in terms of wages. [@StuBrennanMEN]

More excuses than fat man custis for eating doughnuts
Oh German rags are not happy with sane now . Lol

Is it wise for us to offer him a new deal. He could be a busted flush now?
He is young and should heal if he takes his rehab seriously,even if he lost the top end of his speed he would still be a brilliant winger,i'd love to be a fly on the wall when pep,txiki and Khaldoon had a conversation about it

The problem with Sane last season was that he didn't kick-on from the winning goal against Liverpool.
His most effective performances were usually as a sulky, broody substitute, (Lyon H, Schalke A, United A), and when he started at Turf Moor, he was arguably the worst player on the pitch, often finding himself offside, or making the wrong run.

He's a brilliant talent, but (assuming that he heals properly, and wants to stay at City), he needs to listen and learn.

Last edited:
The problem with Sane last season was that he didn't kick-on from the winning goal against Liverpool.
His most effective performances were usually as a sulky, broody substitute, (Lyon H, Schalke A, United A), and when he started at Turf Moor, he was arguably the worst player on the pitch, often finding himself offside, or making the wrong run.

He's a brilliant talent, but (assuming that he heals properly, and wants to stay at City), he needs to listen and learn.

He hardly started in the last 3 months, so obviously the performances were going to be as a sub. As for sulky, broody, his interviews and social media comments indicate none of that. Clearly Pep preferred to start Sterling and Bernardo on the wings, but they were our two best players last year - so that is not necessarily an indictment of Sane. His performances for Germany were pretty top drawer also.

It's literally In-sane (see what I did there), we didn't have Leroy or Jesus to call upon at the weekend.

It's only when they are not there, you appreciate fully the immense quality of our squad?

I was coming around to the idea of getting £140m if Bayern were serious, but I have already started to miss what Leroy gives us.

Txiki and Pep have already laid the groundwork for when Sergio and Dave have gone.

We need to stick with Leroy and Jesus, the rest of the market needs to find £200m plus just to match that quality.

They are already City players and can deliver for so many years to come.

Same goes for Mendy, Laporte, Raheem, Stones, Bernardo, Cancelo, Foden, Eddie.

In good hands.

It's literally In-sane (see what I did there), we didn't have Leroy or Jesus to call upon at the weekend.

It's only when they are not there, you appreciate fully the immense quality of our squad?

I was coming around to the idea of getting £140m if Bayern were serious, but I have already started to miss what Leroy gives us.

Txiki and Pep have already laid the groundwork for when Sergio and Dave have gone.

We need to stick with Leroy and Jesus, the rest of the market needs to find £200m plus just to match that quality.

They are already City players and can deliver for so many years to come.

Same goes for Mendy, Laporte, Raheem, Stones, Bernardo, Cancelo, Foden, Eddie.

In good hands.

Any idea who will replace Sergio?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.