FA Managerial Appointments

half & half derby scarf

I know everyone is numbed to the fact that the FA always appoint the worst possible candidates for the Women's and Men's teams but the current pair of clowns must surely rate as the most incompetent ever.

I doubt many Northern Premier League clubs would consider either Southgate or Chuckle 2, even if they were short of turnstile attendants.

I lost the passion for England after the whole thing became too corporate, international football is now just a vehicle for players to promote their brand. You don't even have to be born in the country you represent, it's become a farce.

With Southgate there really was no one else available or willing to take the job. Even he didn't want it and would rather have stayed with the U21's

As for Steptoe, all they did was pick a bloke who played for the rags
He is about as much use as a chocolate fireguard and whenever I hear him speak I really want to punch something

To be quite truthful I don't think I've given two fucks about the England team set-up since the 90's, probably long before actually. And it hurts me to to admit this.
I'm English through and through and love my country as much as anyone else would love their own country: I adore our quirkiness, our eccentricities: I love the whole English way of life (Big Ben, warm beer, Yorkshire puddings, rain, cricket on the village green, cucumber sandwiches etc). And as a young boy in primary school I wept tears of joy over the 1966 World Cup win. And like every true Englishman I marvelled at Banks' save against Pele four years later, and even today I still remember all the words to 'Back Home' - some of you youngsters might need to look that one up!

But over the years I've seen such an incredible decline in the quality of players putting on the three lions shirt that my enthusiasm has plummeted to the depths, and now I genuinely couldn't care less what happens on the international stage.

When you think of the amount of caps Beckham has, the amount Shrek accumulated, and even today with Kane(pen), it surely isn't too hard to see why my indifference to the England team has become so apparent?

To be quite truthful I don't think I've given two fucks about the England team set-up since the 90's, probably long before actually. And it hurts me to to admit this.
I'm English through and through and love my country as much as anyone else would love their own country: I adore our quirkiness, our eccentricities: I love the whole English way of life (Big Ben, warm beer, Yorkshire puddings, rain, cricket on the village green, cucumber sandwiches etc). And as a young boy in primary school I wept tears of joy over the 1966 World Cup win. And like every true Englishman I marvelled at Banks' save against Pele four years later, and even today I still remember all the words to 'Back Home' - some of you youngsters might need to look that one up!

But over the years I've seen such an incredible decline in the quality of players putting on the three lions shirt that my enthusiasm has plummeted to the depths, and now I genuinely couldn't care less what happens on the international stage.

When you think of the amount of caps Beckham has, the amount Shrek accumulated, and even today with Kane(pen), it surely isn't too hard to see why my indifference to the England team has become so apparent?
You'll be telling me Lingard doesn't deserve all his England caps next.

With Southgate there really was no one else available or willing to take the job. Even he didn't want it and would rather have stayed with the U21's

As for Steptoe, all they did was pick a bloke who played for the rags
He is about as much use as a chocolate fireguard and whenever I hear him speak I really want to punch something

I had to laugh this morning when he was reported as blathering on about the players getting the basics right! Noooooooo, Chuckle, there's nowt wrong with the players, it's you, you clueless muppet! Neville is the sort of manager who clearly thinks success resides in the past - played for MANUre so I must be good. He probably thinks he's the world's best at landscape gardening, rocket design, wheel invention or quantum theory, whatever TF that is!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.