TV Series

Used to watch all the top TV shows but following a separation last year my head couldn't really handle the concentration a good show requires.
Started watching Mindhunter before the split...watched two episodes then I've just resumed it last weeks (18 months between episode 2 and episode 3). It's stunning television and I'm now onto Season 2. After this I'll need some good recommendations to match that (or just rewatch may ultimate favourite Mad Men - the level of details in both these shows are something to behold).
What's the general consensus on Peaky Blinders btw? Watched about 20 mins of it last night for the first time, but I'm seeing actors and costumes rather than characters (I get totally absorbed in the world of Mindhunter or Mad Men)...

About the only thing I watched last year (bearing in mind I hit the gym so the more 'cultural' elements of my life had a year off) was finally getting round to Seinfeld. This really helped my head at the time but it's an utter joy...the observations still hold up very well, but the performances are off the scale (all of them)...it's more like theatre.
Onto Season 7 now.
On the back of that I started watching those bite sized 'Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee' - 15 mins if nice, comedic delights (Bill Burr was a good one...Garry Shandling of course...). Jerry Seinfeld comes across very well in these....there are many, many moments where he's practically pissing himself at the comedians he chats with - I think he genuinely loves laughing. V similar to Larry David (unsurprisingly).

That Chappelle show looks like it will be a good watch (recommended on this thread too).

Watched the first episode of carnival row. Completely different to what I was expecting but seems ok so far

Finished Mindhunter season 2 this week and thought it was really good.

Just started La casa de papel, 5 episode in, let’s see how it develops.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.