FA Managerial Appointments

With Southgate there really was no one else available or willing to take the job. Even he didn't want it and would rather have stayed with the U21's

As for Steptoe, all they did was pick a bloke who played for the rags
He is about as much use as a chocolate fireguard and whenever I hear him speak I really want to punch something
According to the BBC this week, the Yank womens team are looking at Steptoe to take over as manager!

Why?

You think Sterling shouldn't be allowed to play for England?

If the yardstick of being born in the country you represent is applied them no he shouldn't or wouldn't. The general point isn't one of individual cases it's the Zolabudist way that national shirts are worn by some athletes who just want to promote their name and brand.

If the yardstick of being born in the country you represent is applied them no he shouldn't or wouldn't.
Yes, clearly I know that a kid born in Jamaica who emigrated to the UK when he was a toddler wouldn't be able to play for England in those circumstances. My question really was why the fuck would the yardstick of needing to be born in a country be applied? It's never been applied in any sport because it's so obviously fucking idiotic.

If the yardstick of being born in the country you represent is applied them no he shouldn't or wouldn't. The general point isn't one of individual cases it's the Zolabudist way that national shirts are worn by some athletes who just want to promote their name and brand.

Care to give any examples of footballers wearing national shirts of countries they weren’t born in to promote their brand and name?

Yes, clearly I know that a kid born in Jamaica who emigrated to the UK when he was a toddler wouldn't be able to play for England in those circumstances. My question really was why the fuck would the yardstick of needing to be born in a country be applied? It's never been applied in any sport because it's so obviously fucking idiotic.

I don't know although they might as well just pick anyone now because that's where it's gone. If we honestly believe that you don't have to be born in the country or at least your parents have to then it's a shgam as I suggested.
Knowing it happens more nowadays means there is less national pride in a team and it's more about the promotion of self where some players are concerned.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.