Injury Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given the problems a meniscus and cartilage injury caused Mendy last season, I'd imagine he wont be rushed back in any circumstances. Don't expect to see him back until 2020. Gutted but could have been worse. Speedy recovery Aymeric!
Me gram heals quicker than Mending and she's been dead 2 years.

From what she's saying, it would be less if it was just one, damage to both means he'll need an implant to replace the cartilage, and stop bone rubbing on bone. The meniscus damage depends as in laymans terms it's a bag between the bones and it will be torn and I assume as sh'e gone now the bag is filled with fluid.
Let's not blow this out of proportion. There's no indication that he has torn the lateral and medial menisci. Menisci can't be replaced. If it's bone on bone (which it isn't) he won't be playing football again.
He will have had keyhole surgery to trim the cartilage, leaving as much as possible and perhaps drill into the bone (chondroplasty) to generate new cartilage. Relax. Back before Christmas.

Have you ever thought you were unlucky?
Absolutely, along with many other people I know who have had meniscus injuries (although, I know that was not your joke — to that I’ll say I have Mendy-Bojinov luck).

But, as I alluded to earlier, and many related posts, we did not have the level of medical care our players receive, so they are much more likely to have positive outcomes (though, extensive damage to meniscus can only be mitigated so much, regardless of the quality of care).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.