Lukaku racially abused

Anyone who wants to make excuses and justify racism is also part of the problem though. It still doesn't mean it's for black people to fix it. And what about black italians? Do we expect them to leave their own country? I don't accept for one seocnd that it's down to black people to fix this. I also thought it was a bit cynical earlier when it was implied the likes of Lukaku have chosen money ahead of morals. His morality isn't it question. It's the morality of racists and their enablers that's the problem. Lukaku grew up in an extremely poor household and he has every right to work where he wants and earn as much as he can.

You don't think black players should make a stand, I do, it could be the catalyst for change. Sterling made a stand against the media and it worked.

I suppose you believe the civil-rights movement didn't need to happen because its not for black people to fix things.

You don't think black players should make a stand, I do, it could be the catalyst for change. Sterling made a stand against the media and it worked.

I suppose you believe the civil-rights movement didn't need to happen because its not for black people to fix things.

I think the civil rights movement didn't need to happen? That's some reach but ok. I didn't say black people should or shouldn't make a stand. I said the focus shouldn't be solely on them to do it. They are not the problem here. All players (and fans) that are anti racist should make a stand. As for the civil rights movement, change probably would have happened far more quickly if more white people gotten involved earlier so i'm not really sure what your point is.

Right I blatantly state anti gay chanting and never even mentioned PSG and racism it is right there in the post plain as day.

This is what I had seen...

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...rmain-metz-match-suspended-homophobic-banners

I can apologise as it was the Metz fans who were holding up the banners, I had only seen the headline which does make it sound like PSG had done the deed.

Saying that, if you are calling somebody an insult and that insult suggests they take it up the arse, it is obviously an anti-gay chant or it wouldn't be an insult to a straight person, would it?

So, in other words, you shouting encule at somebody really is an anti gay chant tbh it is no different than shouting "hey you, you take it up the arse, you big puff" or other such words, the fact you justify it as a freedom of speech demonstration is also strange.

Of course I may have read your post all wrong, it was a bit all over the place at times.
Look at my post. I have already explained the meaning of those banners.

It is not homophobic. The banner says "Coupe du Monde au Qatar : les stades sont-ils homologays" (World Cup in Qatar : have stadia been accredited ?). As i explained in my previous post, it is a play on words. Metz is receiving PSG and they talked about Qatar WC, since Qatar owns PSG, while raising the gay issue in the Gulf state. Accredited = homologués in french. Phonetically, it is the same as homologays (homo is also a contraction of homosexual).

Then, there is the supposedly homophobic chant as it is called in the article “PSG, LFP [Ligue 1], let me sing to you, to tell you to go fuck yourselves! I won’t be on TV, because my words are not very gay." or in french "PSG, LFP, donc laisse moi te chanter d'aller te faire enhmmm..., ouais j'passerais pas à la TV car mes mots ne sont pas très gays". I have already explained the fans are toying with the instances by using a very popular song of the singer Angèle to show how absurd it is that it is considered as an insult or homophobic while it is an hit in the media and the society.
Here are the lyrics for you at 0m41s:

Here is the official clip with 40 M views and even subtitles in english for you to see the lyrics.
Then you are going on your crusade about the insult "enculé". What about the c unt word in english ? Does it mean people using it are misogynists ? What about cocksucker ?
Of course, the idea behind it when you think about it is bad but those are common words in the usual languages and they are not used to target a person in particular.

And if u want to know my personal case, i very very rarely ever use an insult because i was raised that way. But i can see the reason why the game are stopped are just due to the demagogy of some politics. The same people used the World Cup in France to ask for the women to be paid the same as the men in football. It is completely ridiculous as the clubs are entertainment companies nowadays and if they don't bring audience (TV, in stadium, in media), the revenues will be low and the players will have a low salary. After the women World Cup, the first game in the women league brought 200 persons by game except for Lyon who gathered 2000. Very far from the standards in men football.

Last edited:
This whole issue is so difficult to resolve for so many reasons. Firstly, I believe, that it will take everyone to get involved starting at the top with UEFA and the relevant leagues/ FA, the players(both black,white and Asian) the fans and almost the most important the media.
The biggest issue is where to start and who to target. It`s easy for us to say Tommy Tit has said something or wrote something racist towards an individual. In that case the said Tommy Tit should be brought before the courts and the law should make a huge example with jail time as well as big fines.
At games, if anyone is seen/ heard making racist comments then we, as supporters of our club/ players, should report the matter and let the police take Tommy Tit and his mates through the courts system and again he/they should be jailed and fined.
If a large group of supporters are seen/ heard to be making offensive/ racist chants then the club concerned needs to be hauled over the coals and deducted points/ fined/ banned from cup competition and most certainly not be allowed to enter European cup competition.
The biggest challenge in terms of the above is making certain that the so called supporters are from that club and not ne`er do wells trying to get their rivals in the mire.
The biggest problem with UEFA is they seem to be in denial and don`t seem to want to make this such a big issue. Similarly the FA and League seem to be more than a little soft especially if the big clubs are concerned (imagine banning a top 6 or in fact any premier team from the FA cup)
First and foremost it is up to fans to take a stand and report these morons to police, not stewards, and give a statement. It`s not being a grass, it`s being a guardian of the club and our players. It`s the right and proper thing to do.

Look at my post. I have already explained the meaning of those banners.

It is not homophobic. The banner says "Coupe du Monde au Qatar : les stades sont-ils homologays" (World Cup in Qatar : have stadia been accredited ?). As i explained in my previous post, it is a play on words. Metz is receiving PSG and they talked about Qatar WC, since Qatar owns PSG, while raising the gay issue in the Gulf state. Accredited = homologués in french. Phonetically, it is the same as homologays.

Then, there is the supposedly homophobic chant as it is called in the article “PSG, LFP [Ligue 1], let me sing to you, to tell you to go fuck yourselves! I won’t be on TV, because my words are not very gay." or in french "PSG, LFP, donc laisse moi te chanter d'aller te faire enhmmm..., ouais j'passerais pas à la TV car mes mots ne sont pas très gays". I have already explained the fans are toying with the instances by using a very popular song of the singer Adèle to show how absurd it is that it is considered as an insult or homophobic while it is an hit in the media and the society.
Here are the lyrics for you at 0m41s:

Then you are going on your crusade about the insult "enculé". What about the c unt word in english ? Does it mean people using it are misogynists ? What about cocksucker ?
Of course, the idea behind it when you think about it is bad but those are common words in the usual languages and they are not used to target a person in particular.

And if u want to know my personal case, i very very rarely ever use an insult because i was raised that way. But i can see the reason why the game are stopped are just due to the demagogy of some politics. The same people used the World Cup in France to ask for the women to be paid the same as the men in football. It is completely ridiculous as the clubs are entertainment companies nowadays and if they don't bring audience (TV, in stadium, in media), the revenues will be low and the players will have a low salary. After the women World Cup, the first game in the women league brought 200 persons by game except for Lyon who gathered 2000. Very far from the standards in men football.

My crusade lol have the seen the size of your two fucking novels lol

Maybe best if you write to the editor of that piece and put in your 9 page complaint on how it has been misunderstood.

Anyway, back onto racist abuse by Italians.

Apparently in the paper today Inter fans have said making monkey noises at black players is a sign of respect and Cagliari supporters weren't being racist at all.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49576840

My crusade lol have the seen the size of your two fucking novels lol

Maybe best if you write to the editor of that piece and put in your 9 page complaint on how it has been misunderstood.

Anyway, back onto racist abuse by Italians.

Apparently in the paper today Inter fans have said making monkey noises at black players is a sign of respect and Cagliari supporters weren't being racist at all.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49576840
Well, it is you who brought that issue in that thread. I'm just correcting your misunderstanding because you believed an article that is not grasping the roots of the events. It is not true journalism but easy clickbait. Misinformed people like you will relay the false information and the fake news will keep on going.

Back on topic, it is terrible that it is still going on in Italian football. The problem is that i'm not sure football instances can do anything about it as the roots are in the society. Some Inter Milan fans are close to some of the Lazio fans who are infamous for being racists and having facists views. It was even reported that both of them had held a Mussolini banner some time ago.

I don’t think a handful of black, talented footballers refusing to turn out in Serie A will solve anything. Considering half of the teams are bang average and have been for a number of years now.

It’s ingrained in their culture. Aside from the dregs of S****horpe, I haven’t met a more bigoted set of racists than I have Italians.

Disappointed with Mancini's statement on this.

As NT manager he could've come out and used it as an opportunity to take a strong stance against racism in Italy. Instead he laughs and brushes it off almost, as if nothing can be done.

Vinny's weighed in. Can't say I disagree with anything he says here.

Real racism lies with football authorities - Vincent Kompany

Speaking to Sky Sports News, the Anderlecht manager added: "It goes back to who is expected to make a decision on these issues, and it's in these organisations that the problems lie.

"The real racism lies in the fact none of these institutions have representatives that can actually understand what Romelu is going through.

"You are dealing with a crowd of people and decision makers who are telling him how he should think and feel about this when you have no decision makers who are remotely in touch with what he has experienced in his life.

"That's the real issue, if you go through the boards at Uefa or Fifa, the Italian League or the English League, there is a real lack of diversity.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.