Was Alan Ball as bad as people remember?

I think Kendall admitted a few years later that it was a mistake letting his heart rule his head

My worst memory of Ball was him saying he’d enjoyed watching us lose 6-0 to Liverpool.

But no matter how bad Ball was, Clark was worse.. and Phil fuckin Neal was even worse than him

A city player once told me - not in too much detail about the players first meeting with Ball. Apparently he did do the “I’m a winner me’ speech - apparently it was a complete road wreck and totally alienated the whole squad.

My memories are vague but wasn’t Clark excellent at Forest before? It’d seem a logical appointment on paper.

The Royle Rollercoaster must have been a ride. Relegated, promoted, promoted, relegated.

Pretty sure Franny Lee was trying to appoint George Graham and had an agreement and it went tits up last minute?

He was actually threatening to take training himself at one point and then in a panic appointed the thrice relegated Ball.

We ran a really slick operation back then..

To answer the OP, Ball was worse than anyone could possibly imagine. The worst manager ever to manage a full season in the Prem for me.

I think Kendall admitted a few years later that it was a mistake letting his heart rule his head

My worst memory of Ball was him saying he’d enjoyed watching us lose 6-0 to Liverpool.

But no matter how bad Ball was, Clark was worse.. and Phil fuckin Neal was even worse than him
Stop it, you're making me remember those bad times and I feel ill; )

Pretty sure Franny Lee was trying to appoint George Graham and had an agreement and it went tits up last minute?

He was actually threatening to take training himself at one point and then in a panic appointed the thrice relegated Ball.

We ran a really slick operation back then..
Wouldn’t change it now though

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.