Michael Owen vs Alan Shearer after calling Newcastle a Small Club

To be honest ,I am surprised that a guy like you doesn't support a local Yorkshire team. You will fit right in with the neanderthals at Elland Road.
Another well supported club that everyone mistakes as being bigger than they are, which only bothers me when people try and do City down with it ie "bigger than City before oil money/08" which is utter bollocks.

Won less than City before the takeover, don't have a UEFA recognised trophy etc. They did well in the 70s and had one title just before the PL came in but other than that their big club aura comes from simply challenging in the PL era for a bit but not winning anything.

The amount of times I heard people say "It would be great to have a traditional big club like Leeds back in the prem" towards the end of last season, was starting to do my head in. It's almost as if some think they were up there with Man United or Liverpool.

Last edited:
To be honest ,I am surprised that a guy like you doesn't support a local Yorkshire team. You will fit right in with the neanderthals at Elland Road.

Great to know that you know me so well, love Leeds me.

Another well supported team that everyone mistakes as being bigger than they are, which only bothers me when people try and do City down with it ie "bigger than City before oil money/08" which is utter bollocks.

Won less than City before the takeover, don't have a UEFA recognised trophy etc. They did well in the 70s and had one title just before the PL came in but other than that their big club aura comes from simply challenging in the PL era for a bit but not winning anything.

The amount of times I heard people say "It would be great to have a traditional big club like Leeds back in the prem" towards the end of last season, was starting to do my head in. It's almost as if some think they were up there with Man United or Liverpool.
This is what I have been saying throughout this thread. A club can be well supported,have a big stadium and have been a big club in past decades. But they are not a big club unless they are winning trophies over a number of years. As well as having the big fanbase and big stadium.
And I am now bowing out of this thread as I don't really give a fuck about NUFC being a big club or not.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.