Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't even want him now. We're covered there and he is too old to disturb the current order in this team. Can't see him wanting to come though. As FCBarca said, that time where everyone would be good in that transfer (well, apart from Barcelona) was 3-4 years ago. We were ideal and most logical destination for him, but it just didn't materialize.

Agree. I’m not even sure it would be a net gain in terms of brand value or imaging in the long term. You almost can’t win regardless of the results on the pitch. Win the league and CL which everyone expects and they rolls their eyes while bitching about football is ruined. We lose either and we’re a meme club that everyone laughs at and mocks.

Personally, I couldn’t fucking care what footy fans think but building our image and brand value is a massive long term necessity from the brass’ POV. We don’t need shock huge signings any longer. The thing that needs done is building ‘history’ , another annoying thing thrown around my fans / pundits that always brings a smirk to my face.

I find it very odd that he reportedly has so much power at that club, including who should and should not be in the team.

Is it even true? Bizzare.

Messi if he ever left Barcelona would have to face fitting into a new team system, and probably a new league, and looking at how he fares with Argentina I'm not sure it's in him. Would have players queuing up to take him out, so they can tell their kids they once put Messi on his arse.

Maybe pep would be the best chance to know his game, but can't ever see it.

I find it very odd that he reportedly has so much power at that club, including who should and should not be in the team.

Is it even true? Bizzare.

Messi if he ever left Barcelona would have to face fitting into a new team system, and probably a new league, and looking at how he fares with Argentina I'm not sure it's in him. Would have players queuing up to take him out, so they can tell their kids they once put Messi on his arse.

Maybe pep would be the best chance to know his game, but can't ever see it.
He'd be fine...

If he ever decided to leave Barca our door would be one of the very first he would be knocking on.
A manager he knows and loves and an essentially Spanish speaking team and management.
From a financial point there is absolutely no doubt it could work given the free transfer and colossal shirt sales and increased fan base it would provide.
He is in the twilight of his career but still an incredible player.
Personally I would love to see this happen.

We are holistic (TM), we wouldn't want him to disturb the team we have at the moment. Few years ago, sure, now.. for all his worth, probably not worth it.

he seems to be evolving into more of a number 10 role, could he replace D Silva? Messi or Foden?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.