Pedestrianising Deansgate?

Fucking stupid idea unless they improve both the inner and outer ring roads.
Dig up a copy of the Manchester A-Z from the 70s and see how much has already been pedestrianised.

A good idea. In our stupid town, Boston, they pedestrianised the main street and then took out the streets furniture down the middle to run buses through.

I've never understood why Albert square (in front of the town hall) isnt pedestrianised. I'd do that as well as Deansgate. Would make the place so much nicer. You'd have to be mad to drive around there anyway. I walk up from Deansgate to Piccadily station quite often and I know for a fact it is quicker to walk that in 15mins than drive where you'd be luck to do the same in 25mins.

I lived in Leeds for many years. It was a shit hole. Pedestrianisation was heavily opposed by traders. It went ahead, a whole block in the centre of town. Has made all the difference, Leeds is thriving. Road improvements at the same time absolutely necessary. Plenty of scope for expanding pedestrianization in M/cr.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.