Qatar 2022 official Emblem/logo

I actually looked up a couple of visitor websites to Qatar and they said most beaches are owned by the hotels and there you can go and wear a bikini. But on the public beaches ie not owned by the hotels you cannot.
They also said you shouldn't be showing your shoulders in public. Inside a night club is fine.
I checked 3 traveller sites who all said the same thing.
The websites are completely wrong. Sealine Beach is the largest public beach in the country (about 20km in length all the way up to the Island Sea) and is full of women in bikinis.

My wife wears strappy tops almost everywhere as it’s quite warm out here at the moment and not once has she had an issue.

Some malls have issues with vests but that’s for both men and women (like golf clubs in the UK and US) and nothing to do with suppressing women.

I welcome the World Cup coming to Qatar simply so people can come and see for themselves rather than relying Middle Eastern stereotypes.

I quite like the logo. I like the maroon colour. As it is rotating you can interpret it as a something heart shaped or an eight which is considered as a good/lucky number in numerology and some cultures.

Otherwise, nice discussion in this thread which has brought some more light on the country for the outsiders like me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.