If Celtic and Rangers were addd into the Premier League next summer,what would their potential be?

With the large fan base they have, and the money they would get when in the prem, I would expect them to be challenging for top 4 within 10 years.
They are both huge clubs playing in a Micky mouse league with no revenue.

With the large fan base they have, and the money they would get when in the prem, I would expect them to be challenging for top 4 within 10 years.

Correct but this is all hypothetical as it’s never going to happen.

i watched some of the game today and sorry even league 1 would be a struggle for both ?? the premier league is miles ahead from scottish football, the premier league is a 3 level league with the top 6 teams mid-table and 6 to 7 team at the bottom fighting the drop, but the game in england is so much about skill and fitness and some of the world best players and managers and clubs ?? rangers and celtic may have a fan base but there DNA and football knowledge is years behind, even spending big money would take 10 years to turn them into a big club in the premier league

so maybe bring them in at league one and build from there and forget premier league its miles away and they would look silly starting the premier league, but the problem in Scotland and football is something the SFA have made, they have cut there cloth to suit both celtic and rangers and fuck the rest and you pick up the bits both of them leave behind and you have to fight each other for

Scottish football was rich in talent 30 years ago and the league was a very good league, but both celtic and rangers still owned the league but the smaller clubs was producing very good talent because of the standers of the league and the talent both of the big 2 clubs had, football was a way of life in scotland and young kids wanted the chance to be a footballer but sadly something went wrong and now the talent and academies are not there for kids, they just come to england now at a young age

It’s never going to happen. Any predictions about what might happen are futile. What we need to is accept where we are and hope to get better in Europe. For us that’s about fixing our defence, yesterday the new players stood up and hopefully for us is a sign that suicidal defending is on the way out.

We aren’t as bad as some think, but we are still nowhere where we want to be. Hopefully make a step forward this year after shooting ourselves in the head with they ****s from Cluj.

I’m usually very cautious about claiming stuff but I do feel if we improve defensively we have a chance of getting out of our EL group, get a settled team for next years CL and hopefully not make another roaring **** of it.

EPL never a starter though.

Undoubtedly, both clubs can boast a huge worldwide fanbase, but then again, so do Liverpool, and they've never won the Premier League.

Also, if it was just about large crowds, then Newcastle would finish in the Top Ten every season.

Ultimately, (and let's not kid ourselves that City have always enjoyed a short and long term strategy) it's all about the boardroom making the right decisions regarding management and transfer policy.

Last edited:
i think once installed in the prem they would have the financial clout to build a mid table side before they kicked a ball, 3 years later they would be up for a top 4 challenge, we have seen it with city from a stuart pierce side and then a few years later, i wouldnt like them in the prem but would like to see a british leage cup replacing the league cup as it is

The fan base is immaterial nowadays, Huddersfield got a shed full of money but still got relegated, Newcastle & Liverpool both have big fanbases but hardly have a pot to piss in in terms of trophies. That leaves the claim that they're both huge clubs with no revenue, they're not 'huge clubs' excepting in Scotland, down south they'd be average at best. The revenue wouldn't change overnight so they'd still be very poor (by EPL standards) for years which would see them slip all the way down to god knows where.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.