If Celtic and Rangers were addd into the Premier League next summer,what would their potential be?

The fan base is immaterial nowadays, Huddersfield got a shed full of money but still got relegated, Newcastle & Liverpool both have big fanbases but hardly have a pot to piss in in terms of trophies. That leaves the claim that they're both huge clubs with no revenue, they're not 'huge clubs' excepting in Scotland, down south they'd be average at best. The revenue wouldn't change overnight so they'd still be very poor (by EPL standards) for years which would see them slip all the way down to god knows where.

It will never ever happen. But I do believe we would do ok if it did. But it’s a if my aunty had balls argument. We need to improve in European context, that’s our initial goal. The EPL is as much of a non starter as me becoming the next Bond.

This comes up every year and eventually they will gather enough support to be accepted. But with brexit looming and Scottish independence a real possibility this debate will be consigned to the dustbin before too long

also what people forget when thinking it would be great for football ?? if the big two come down to england, but what about the fans they truly hate the english and when city have played them its a very high police control and fans still kicking off all over the place, i can only see trouble after trouble and would it be worth it to the clubs who have to foot the bill for policing games ?? the Scottish FA needs to sort out the leagues and clubs and celtic and rangers need a challenged maybe bring in some lower league teams from north east of england like hartlepool middlesbrough darlington even hull city even sunderland and newcastle and for the big 2 like sunderland and newcastle it could be a better way into europe and champions league

It will never ever happen. But I do believe we would do ok if it did. But it’s a if my aunty had balls argument. We need to improve in European context, that’s our initial goal. The EPL is as much of a non starter as me becoming the next Bond.
I dunno: The names's Bond, Magic Bond. Could be onto a winner.

also what people forget when thinking it would be great for football ?? if the big two come down to england, but what about the fans they truly hate the english and when city have played them its a very high police control and fans still kicking off all over the place, i can only see trouble after trouble and would it be worth it to the clubs who have to foot the bill for policing games ?? the Scottish FA needs to sort out the leagues and clubs and celtic and rangers need a challenged maybe bring in some lower league teams from north east of england like hartlepool middlesbrough darlington even hull city even sunderland and newcastle and for the big 2 like sunderland and newcastle it could be a better way into europe and champions league

You make some very good points there, but I think -historically speaking- the divide between England and Scotland is too wide to ever be united merely by sport.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.