If Celtic and Rangers were addd into the Premier League next summer,what would their potential be?

You make some very good points there, but I think -historically speaking- the divide between England and Scotland is too wide to ever be united merely by sport.

yep

its a hate that goes back years and years and we who live in the north of england think there is a north and south divide ?? well in scotland its them vs the whole of england divide the UK is a crazy island for such a small place and having the Welsh Scottish English all together under the umbrella of the UK you think football would be all linked and the biggest teams playing in the premier league ???

but Uefa and Fifa don't like the umbrella of the UK and it would means losing all 3 of the nationals teams but they let the Welsh teams play in the english leagues ??? so why not celtic and rangers ??? but for me its the Scottish game that needs help and sorting out not the 2 big clubs and like i said why not invite some of the north and northeast teams into there leagues sunderland and newcastle would be champions in the making and would be in european football every season

even have a british cup and teams from the premier league top 8 play the top 8 Scottish teams and leave the league cup to the rest of the premier league and lower leagues

I never understood how Swansea and Cardiff can play in English leagues, yet Celtic and Rangers can't. Not that I want them, but I'm really not knowledgeable about how Swansea and Cardiff got in.

After one season: 10 town centres and 38 trains wrecked. 5,000 sweaty socks arrested for being drunk and disorderly.

After three seasons: every Premier League club town centre now laid to waste. Streets awash with IRN Bru coloured pish. Jocks have run out of people to fight so they’re scrapping among themselves. Nicola Sturgeon makes Rangers debut as false number 9.

After ten seasons: exiled back to Scotland and Hadrian’s wall rebuilt using savings from Brexit.

yep

its a hate that goes back years and years and we who live in the north of england think there is a north and south divide ?? well in scotland its them vs the whole of england divide the UK is a crazy island for such a small place and having the Welsh Scottish English all together under the umbrella of the UK you think football would be all linked and the biggest teams playing in the premier league ???

but Uefa and Fifa don't like the umbrella of the UK and it would means losing all 3 of the nationals teams but they let the Welsh teams play in the english leagues ??? so why not celtic and rangers ??? but for me its the Scottish game that needs help and sorting out not the 2 big clubs and like i said why not invite some of the north and northeast teams into there leagues sunderland and newcastle would be champions in the making and would be in european football every season

even have a british cup and teams from the premier league top 8 play the top 8 Scottish teams and leave the league cup to the rest of the premier league and lower leagues
Actually, neither the Highlanders, the central belt or the borders like each other up here and don't get me started on Glasgow and Edinburgh. When you bring football and/or religion in to it then you can be talking genocidal levels of hate.

I never understood how Swansea and Cardiff can play in English leagues, yet Celtic and Rangers can't. Not that I want them, but I'm really not knowledgeable about how Swansea and Cardiff got in.

Possibly because the FA, when it was formed, encompassed Wales as well as England, whereas the SFA has always been an autonomous governing body.

This is just a guess. I really don’t know for sure.

Actually, neither the Highlanders, the central belt or the borders like each other up here and don't get me started on Glasgow and Edinburgh. When you bring football and/or religion in to it then you can be talking genocidal levels of hate.

They certainly seem to take their rivalry up a few notches there, that is true.

Sad, so much hatred for one another. I'm an atheist so I have no understanding of how religion can have such a divisive effect upon people as it has never been a part of my life. But even the football thing: I loathe the rags and the dippers but no way would I want to take the life of another human being just for supporting a different team to me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.