Nottingham
Peterborough
Oldham
Luton
Coventry
Bradford
Parts of Leeds
Parts of London
Bournemouth (Town centre. Poole is nice).
Barnsley (Friendly on the whole, but not much work there. The only place I've seen unemployed fellas walking the kids to school drinking cans of Stella).

Some notable nice or friendly places, albeit with some not so nice parts:

Leamington Spa
Warwick
Stratford-upon-Avon
Cardiff
Chester
Harrogate
Edinburgh
Sunderland
Poole
York (Lively on a Saturday night though, seen riot vans and claret everywhere a few times).

Quite sad that I probably dislike more areas of the country than those that I'm genuinely fond of. Never had major problems in any, as you blend in and take people with a pinch of salt, but there's parts of central and eastern Europe that I've found friendlier and less run down than developed parts of UK.
Bournemouth? must have gone down hill since I lived there

Fri and Sat nights in Oldham...Henry Afrikas, Butterflies..and then Failsworth Pole for a Sunday...ending in Leggats! Great night, like you say, nothing like that now
Leggats hey! They were the days. I got barrred one time so I shimmied over the bridge and in and into the beer garden bit. The next week they'd put vandal grease on it so I just fucking swam across the canal with my mate(it was summer) to everybody's enjoyment. Jimmy the owner was fuming but we stayed in.

Leggats hey! They were the days. I got barrred one time so I shimmied over the bridge and in and into the beer garden bit. The next week they'd put vandal grease on it so I just fucking swam across the canal with my mate(it was summer) to everybody's enjoyment. Jimmy the owner was fuming but we stayed in.
You are the Milk Tray man and I claim my £5.

In no particular order:

Middlesbrough
Brighouse
Huddersfield
Dewsbury
Chesterfield
Birmingham
Carlisle
Hull
Crewe
Burnley
Birkenhead
Stoke
Dover
Wrexham
Lincoln
Nottingham
Peterborough
Oldham
Luton
Coventry
Bradford
Parts of Leeds
Parts of London
Bournemouth (Town centre. Poole is nice).
Barnsley (Friendly on the whole, but not much work there. The only place I've seen unemployed fellas walking the kids to school drinking cans of Stella).

Some notable nice or friendly places, albeit with some not so nice parts:

Leamington Spa
Warwick
Stratford-upon-Avon
Cardiff
Chester
Harrogate
Edinburgh
Sunderland
Poole
York (Lively on a Saturday night though, seen riot vans and claret everywhere a few times).

Quite sad that I probably dislike more areas of the country than those that I'm genuinely fond of. Never had major problems in any, as you blend in and take people with a pinch of salt, but there's parts of central and eastern Europe that I've found friendlier and less run down than developed parts of UK.

You've picked the whole of the uk. Don't leave much for the rest of us

Glasgow is the only Western European city I've ever felt unsafe in

Next time you visit I will give you a tour and change your mind. Some great pubs. Great music and my patter what more could anybody want?

Should be charging, the more I think about it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.