Women's Team - 2019/2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Despite all my inner senses telling me I was wasting my time, I thought I’d give it a go and watch it. I gave up at half time. The standard is dire. Always has been, always will be.

Despite all my inner senses telling me I was wasting my time, I thought I’d give it a go and watch it. I gave up at half time. The standard is dire. Always has been, always will be.
Negative comments on this thread are a tad unfair. It was the first game of the season and, I am reliably informed, women take longer than men to er.. warm up.

I am all for it, everyone just needs to stop talking up the quality of the game so much, that's what's causing people to be disappointed when they actually see a full game. I wrote in an earlier thread, which seems to have disappeared, everyone start speaking honestly about it. At the moment, the standard is poor with glimpses of occasional brilliance, that goes for players, refs and definitely commentators & pundits. Given time I'm sure this will change, imo talking up mediocre players & incidents to world class levels is what's making the game a joke to some people and thereby holding the game back. Just BE HONEST!

I am all for it, everyone just needs to stop talking up the quality of the game so much, that's what's causing people to be disappointed when they actually see a full game. I wrote in an earlier thread, which seems to have disappeared, everyone start speaking honestly about it. At the moment, the standard is poor with glimpses of occasional brilliance, that goes for players, refs and definitely commentators & pundits. Given time I'm sure this will change, imo talking up mediocre players & incidents to world class levels is what's making the game a joke to some people and thereby holding the game back. Just BE HONEST!
To be fair I think some have made their mind up about women's football before ever seeing a match . Personally I think the womens games are fun and enjoyable, and like any football you will get good bad or boring games just like in the Premier league.

I agree with most of what you say Newquayblue except your comment about the refs who are probably better than the men’s League.

Yep, I agree. I accept I'm an armchair warrior so will stand corrected by game going fans. Football is and always will be about mistakes. That said I watch quite a lot on TV and am often staggered by descriptions of poor efforts or average passes etc described as world class and they all seem to do it, they seem to need a serious reality check. I watch it despite the analysis and commentary not because of it. Maybe it's just me!

Btw, not trying to knock the women's game, just say it like it is.

Edit: reply to kev20971

Last edited:
To be fair I think some have made their mind up about women's football before ever seeing a match . Personally I think the womens games are fun and enjoyable, and like any football you will get good bad or boring games just like in the Premier league.
I agree, but anyone trying to judge the game against the top level of men's football is stupid, its football, but it is different, just like it or don't like it. I'd personally have no great interest if City didn't have a team, but while we have, I'll enjoy what I watch, but I won't try and compare it with what Pep's team do, but I do think we have some very talented players in the women's game, and its "City", just like the EDS, and various younger teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.