Women's Team - 2019/2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, but anyone trying to judge the game against the top level of men's football is stupid, its football, but it is different, just like it or don't like it. I'd personally have no great interest if City didn't have a team, but while we have, I'll enjoy what I watch, but I won't try and compare it with what Pep's team do, but I do think we have some very talented players in the women's game, and its "City", just like the EDS, and various younger teams.
True mate , I also wouldn't have much interest if City didn't have a team (a bit like football in general) and yes I take and interest in the EDS and U18 too .

Ok cheers.

. .. but their national team suffers as a result? (Is that the argument?)

No, the argument is that the WSL suffers and thus the growth in this country is hindered in general because many of our top players have buggered off to European clubs instead of being on show and promoted to the increased crowds who turned up this weekend.

It doesn't help our players though when they play in weaker teams against weakened opposition and then get completely outclassed in a 2 leg european tie.

No, the argument is that the WSL suffers and thus the growth in this country is hindered in general because many of our top players have buggered off to European clubs instead of being on show and promoted to the increased crowds who turned up this weekend.

It doesn't help our players though when they play in weaker teams against weakened opposition and then get completely outclassed in a 2 leg european tie.

No, I meant, is that the argument for having the salary cap? I wasn’t asking why some people thought it was a mistake.

Yep, I agree. I accept I'm an armchair warrior so will stand corrected by game going fans. Football is and always will be about mistakes. That said I watch quite a lot on TV and am often staggered by descriptions of poor efforts or average passes etc described as world class and they all seem to do it, they seem to need a serious reality check. I watch it despite the analysis and commentary not because of it. Maybe it's just me!

Btw, not trying to knock the women's game, just say it like it is.
If you thought that game was bad you should have watched yesterdays game between MK Dons and Wimbledon.Fuck me now that was atrocious even by mens standards.

There is a big improvement in the quality of players
Coming through the Academy. Gavin (Head of City Women’s Football) and Karen Beardsley said so at Gary James’ event on Monday night. It will take a few years for these schoolgirls to compete for places in the Women’s Team.

Thanks for the mention. Appreciate it. If anyone is interested in my new book Manchester City Women: An Oral History then you can get it via the usual online retailers plus you can get it direct from me. From me there are 2 offers: A numbered limited edition of the book signed by me at £16.95 including UK postage OR a numbered limited edition of the book signed by me PLUS a Manchester City Women: An Oral History tote bag, 4 postcards and a reproduction of the earliest City Ladies match programme for £20 including UK postage. To buy either offer email info@manchesterfootball.org and I’ll send you an invoice allowing you to pay by credit/debit card via PayPal. Cheers

If you thought that game was bad you should have watched yesterdays game between MK Dons and Wimbledon.Fuck me now that was atrocious even by mens standards.
Not really the poor standard of play so much as the eulogising about mediocrity and (dare I say it again 'talking things up' sooooo much, it's disrespectful imo. Think I'm going on a bit too much, bottom line is I'm all for it! Nuff said!

Can anybody help me out regarding the women’s games at the Academy Stadium.

On the official site it claims you can get free drinks at all the games and has a link you can click on. The link takes you to a page dated September 2018 and informs you that for the 2018/19 season you get get free unlimited drinks at each match.

Does this apply to the 2019/20 season as well, or is it another cock-up by the Club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.