Roughest / Most unwelcoming cities in the UK

I visit many towns and citys across the uk and i gotta say the walk down piccadilly approach, past the ‘gardens’ and onto market street is as bad as it gets.
Its a disgrace and for a supposed international city, the first impression visitors get of manchester is of a complete dump

I agree. Although the Piccadilly Tap does a decent pint.

Quite sad that I probably dislike more areas of the country than those that I'm genuinely fond of. Never had major problems in any, as you blend in and take people with a pinch of salt, but there's parts of central and eastern Europe that I've found friendlier and less run down than developed parts of UK.

The mentality of the average Brit is worlds apart from those on the continent. We have a real island mentality. Our 'banter' is focussed on cock measuring and insulting our 'friends'. Our countries history is tales of fighting off invading forces, civil war, colonising a quarter of the worlds population. There's a reason most countries dislike Great Britain and I believe it's a result of our culture.

If you've ever read Anthony Middleton's book, he talks about the culture difference between the British army and their French alternative. The Brits were focussed on 'banter'; who can drink the most, who can beat up the biggest man in the pub etc. The French all sat round with a beer and sang songs together.

Next time you visit I will give you a tour and change your mind. Some great pubs. Great music and my patter what more could anybody want?

Should be charging, the more I think about it

Heading up for a night in Glasgow on Thursday before travelling on to the highlands. Can't wait!

The mentality of the average Brit is worlds apart from those on the continent. We have a real island mentality. Our 'banter' is focussed on cock measuring and insulting our 'friends'. Our countries history is tales of fighting off invading forces, civil war, colonising a quarter of the worlds population. There's a reason most countries dislike Great Britain and I believe it's a result of our culture.

If you've ever read Anthony Middleton's book, he talks about the culture difference between the British army and their French alternative. The Brits were focussed on 'banter'; who can drink the most, who can beat up the biggest man in the pub etc. The French all sat round with a beer and sang songs together whilst waving white flags.

Edit

If you've ever read Anthony Middleton's book, he talks about the culture difference between the British army and their French alternative. The Brits were focussed on 'banter'; who can drink the most, who can beat up the biggest man in the pub etc. The French all sat round with a beer and sang songs together.

... before surrendering.

Chester - beautiful place ruined by scrotes, students and meth heads.

Bradford. Fuck me it’s awful. Nothing remotely redeeming about it.

Most major cities have been sound in my experience- it’s normally the smaller ones that have it’s fair share of mutants.

Fucking Peterborough, or more specifically a village just outside it. Lived there for 16 years after my job relocated from London. Depending on age they were either still wearing Nirvana T shirts around 2012, or carrying a copy of the Daily Mail. You were considered an outsider if you didn't go back at last 5 generations and lived with your cousin. Finally escaped just over a year ago. Made a decent profit on the house, though.
Peterborough is definately a dive, though never seemed that rough to me. I spent quite a bit of time in the City as a teenager, Northampton was way worse for pub fights

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.