#SOO Save Our Olé Season III.....Ole, The Trilogy.....We've Failed.....Thank You Ole.

Where would a club which has posted £132m in profit over the last 3 years with yearly revenues of over £600m find the money to spend £300m?

Is that a serious question?

I genuinely can't tell if this is a serious line of questioning or not. Do you think clubs pay 100% up front? Do you think United have no cash? Do you think they couldn't borrow money like City did from a bank this year?

What an arrogant, self important reply.

What an arrogant, self important reply.

Sorry but I genuinely can't tell if you were joking or if you actually thought they can't afford to spend money.

United are the biggest financial behemoth in world football. If they were run by people who weren't interested in maximising their personal profit from the club, the rest of the premier league would be getting outspent 2:1 every single window.

Sorry but I genuinely can't tell if you were joking or if you actually thought they can't afford to spend money.

United are the biggest financial behemoth in world football. If they were run by people who weren't interested in maximising their personal profit from the club, the rest of the premier league would be getting outspent 2:1 every single window.

This is true. The Glazers are a gift to us and the rest of the PL. They have taken a club that had circa 2x the financial power of it's nearest rival and 10x the power of smaller PL clubs and lumbered it with debt, sucked cash out to pay their own fee's and then made terrible decisions with the investments they have made. Practically any other club would have gone bust under that style of ownership. One of the only reasons they have got away with it is the managers they have appointed have been so useless and have failed in such a dramatic way that it masks the failings in the overall strategy. That and the odd tin pot victory and general spineless fan base. It truly is a perfect storm.

I didn't know you posted on here Mr Gill, thought you be too busy in your new position at EUFA... Haha..

The fuckers have been trying to out spend other premier league club by 2:1

The problem they've got is that as a going concern they're finished.
They could spend £150M on marquee players and still not qualify for the Europa league.

Historically the rags were the type of club that could draw players from far and wide. Now they have to pay well over the asking price. Look at the Sanchez debacle and the money they spunked on the show pony.

Just stop for one minute and reflect on the catastrophe of that business deal.... Sanchez £500.000 per week for a player who didn't even want to be there and the rags are still paying a percentage of his wages now he's done one. Pogshite £90M for a player they let go on a free in the first place.

£700M Ocean Finance loan. The club might create a significant annual turnover but the money men at that place couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.